Hair down there..:/ it's irritated and red bumps.. Oh and I'm a girl.

• Hair down there..:/ it's irritated and red bumps.. Oh and I'm a girl.

Hey..
      So yesterday idk y but u decied to shave down there.. I'm a girl. Idk y I wanted to, it was kinda bugging me with all the hair there. So I did yesterday, I cut down the hair till I couldn't anymore, then u went in the shower and used a razor and shaving cream. And it wad fine yesterday but today the hairs are like starting grow back, it's really irritated down there and theres a bunch of red bumps and it's itching. Is this normal? Idk what to do, it itches and looks really bad down there. Should I put lotion on it or what should i do?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: Hair down there..:/ it's irritated and red bumps.. Oh and I'm a girl.

They're probably ingrown hairs.

Make sure you don't shave anymore until the irritation goes away. Try and use a loofa or something to exfoliate the area. Take a hot bath to open your pores. You can also pull the hair out with a pair of tweezers. Make sure to wear loose fitting underwear so you don't irritate it more. Get something with aloe vera to put on them.
    • Re: Hair down there..:/ it's irritated and red bumps.. Oh and I'm a girl.

Do your best not to scratch. I had the same problem when I first started shaving. After a while I learned where specifically not to shave and how to shave the areas that were ok. When you wear loose fitting clothes, try to make sure its cotton. Cotton breathes more and it'll help.