Miscarriage

• Miscarriage

I'm on the birth control pill for like a month now.
      Me and my boyfriend were having sex before that, we were using condoms the whole time, but after a month I got sick of the stupid condoms and decided to get on the pill. Went to the doctor, she gave me a prescription for Monofeme, blah blah.
      But, apparently, I was already pregnant when I started taking the pills and I didn't even know! The reason I didn't know I was pregnant is because my period has always been weird, I skip periods etc.
      After having the pill for like a month, I got to the red pills (the ones that "force" you to have your periods at the end of the month).
      On the second night of bleeding, something was not right. Meaning in my pants. There was something in there. I went to the bathroom and looked in my panties. On my pad, there was blood and something solid. It was bean-shaped but a lot bigger that a bean. It even had a white tube thingy coming out of it.
      I freaked out as I knew that this was an embryo. I told my boyfriend because he noticed how upset I was the whole night and he freaked out too.
      According to the embryo's size I should have been pregnant for like a month.
      My miscarriage happened a week ago, I'm still taking the pills as I normally do, but my body is still grieving. Every time I think about it I cry. It's not that I would keep the baby, but I... killed it... and I didn't know... It just doesn't feel right... :(
      [SIZE=4]Bullet For My Valentine [/SIZE]:xx:
    • Re: Miscarriage

Go see a doctor because it can be serious if something stays attached to your uterus. It's normal when you take a pill like the morning-after to have your period because they're full of hormones.

Anyway, you should really go and see a doctor.
      [5:24 AM] lazyday: i love girls but when they're fresh e.g. 7 yo

Actually, those red pills don't force you to have your period. The other pills make your body believe you're pregnant and those red ones are "blanks" so your body then realizes "oh, I'm not pregnant, I need to have my period now".

Also, I just went and did a little research on medical websites (not other forums or places like ask.com) but actual websites run by doctors, and all of them have said that birth control does not cause miscarriages. It could have been because this is your first pregnancy. I read that in first pregnancies the risk of miscarriage is increased. So that could very well had something to do with it. But I'm doubting it was because of your birth control. I know people who have been on birth control for months after being pregnant and they're fine. I suggest you see your doctor and talk about what happened.
      [LEFT][SIZE=2]"Adapt and Overcome"[/SIZE][/LEFT]
      [RIGHT]"Funny how the truth sounds so cliche"[/RIGHT]
      [RIGHT]~Jack Ingram[/RIGHT]
      [CENTER]
      [SIZE=1][/SIZE][/CENTER]

I agree that counseling might be agood choice. Lots of women get depressed or need support after something like this, so there's no shame in it and you're not alone.

According to most professional sources, both control does not cause or increase the risks of a miscarriage, and it's certainly not unheard of for a woman to finish taking BC pills if she's unsure if she's pregnant. The red "period" pills are just sugar pills, so of you passed any tissue it is unrelated.

Even at a month, having a miscarriage can be very painful and dangerous to your health, so I'd recommend a physical check up to ensure that everything is healing. At that time, a doctor can give you more input on what type of tissue you passed.

I have lost two babies in my life.just had my first miscarriage about a month ago.... (my first that i lost was technally stillborn... as i was 22wks)I was a month and a half into the pregnancy. I thought it was my fault because I didn't tell anyone and I didn't stop taking my meds. but now I just have to try not to think about it... I know in my heart it wasn't my fault because I would have done anything to save my baby. same with you too. I have had to tell myself I will meet her in heaven someday. sometimes I just can't think of her at all.

I'm really sorry for your loss, but you have to make it through for your sanity.