Who wants to help me? Proxies

• Who wants to help me? Proxies

So, who wants to help me get around the censors at school? They've blocked all the good sites (Facebook is blocked but Twitter is fine :rolleyes:). I need proxies! Haha. I'm completely clueless when it comes to stuff like this.

I've already tried putting httpS: instead of just http: . I also tried lolwtf.info and it's blocked too :nono:
    • Re: Who wants to help me? Proxies

I could set up a proxy for you, I have some sites laying about doing nothing. But I can't guarantee anything. It depends how sophisticated your schools IT department is. My old school was piss easy to bypass, just used Firefox. My college wasn't so good, till me and my friends started to horde our own shit and get to sites that were blocked. Then they got ahead of us and went ballistic to a level where proxy sites would load, but once you made a request to load a site through the proxy it gave an error; fucking annoying as hell because it killed any form of proxy. Anyways, I don't have time to set one up right now but I'll drop a link when I've done it. I would link to the sites me and my friends used, but it's been so long I've forgotten what the hell they were called.

AbstractAngel wrote:

Suck up to one of the nerds? lol

Did you check the internet settings to see if you can disable the proxy that way? That would be the easiest step, and the first thing you should check :)

Not that I in any way condone it lol do it at your own risk

Haha I tried that, no such luck. It is Firefox I'm on (I'm at home but I can get onto my school computer from any computer).
      And the nerds wouldn't tell me haha, they suck up to the teachers.

Matt wrote:

I could set up a proxy for you, I have some sites laying about doing nothing. But I can't guarantee anything. It depends how sophisticated your schools IT department is. My old school was piss easy to bypass, just used Firefox. My college wasn't so good, till me and my friends started to horde our own shit and get to sites that were blocked. Then they got ahead of us and went ballistic to a level where proxy sites would load, but once you made a request to load a site through the proxy it gave an error; fucking annoying as hell because it killed any form of proxy. Anyways, I don't have time to set one up right now but I'll drop a link when I've done it. I would link to the sites me and my friends used, but it's been so long I've forgotten what the hell they were called.

Haha okay. Doesn't matter when, like I said I can access the computers any time to try it out.
      And they're pretty clever apparently, I was surprised the two proxies didn't work.

Remote home.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

meg.loomis wrote:

I have no idea how to do that. I'm no computer whiz.

Download Teamviewer from TeamViewer - Reviews and free TeamViewer downloads at CNET Download.com and try. You don't leave a trace on your school's computer because all what you're gonna do is in your computer.
      You run it on your computer and write down the user number and password. Then, run it on your school's computer and try to connect by writing there your computer's username and password.
      [5:24 AM] lazyday: i love girls but when they're fresh e.g. 7 yo