Wow, Dexter is complete garbage now *spoiler alert*

• Wow, Dexter is complete garbage now *spoiler alert*

*facepalm* at the "twist" at the end of the most recent episode. They tried to make it a huge reveal with the camera angle and the soundtrack behind it but I was literally bored while watching it and not the least bit excited. They made it painfully obvious throughout the season.

Not to mention, the writers seem to have no fucking clue what they're doing. Every season the characters seem to forget about half their past developments so they can reshuffle the deck each season, adding a villain before killing them off again next season.

And it's been renewed through season 8 V_V
    • Re: Wow, Dexter is complete garbage now *spoiler alert*

I don't think the twist was that bad, maybe it wasn't like WTF? but it was OK.

But I completely agree with you that the writers have ruined character development.
      I'm thinking about Season 2 and how incredible it was that Dexter had so much agony about what to do when Doakes found who he is.
      And now, every 2 or 3 episodes he is in a situation when he almost gets caught but always gets away with it (what happened to don't get caught?). Practically, two people ALREADY KNOW he is a murderer.

Season 6 may be better than the previous one, but still many steps down from the others. They could have ended it with a strong Season 5, but the writers are thinking of making as many seasons as possible.

Thank God, we still have Breaking Bad.

I don't think the "twist" was that bad. They've basically made it a theme of the season. I'm assuming you're talking about Gellar not being real. The only episode I thought was terrible was episode 7, where he sees his brother and travels to Nebraska. It looked like they were using it as a filler episode.

Seasons 1-4 were amazing but season 5 was terrible in my opinion. I would rank this one just after season 4. The last five seconds made it all worth it, though, and it's what I've been wanting for at least three seasons now. I can't wait for the next season but an 8th season isn't necessary.

I don't think the incest subplot is that bad, and in some ways it makes sense. I don't think they'll do anything with it given how the season ended, so I guess in a way it's pointless but I didn't mind it.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

saftey spoiler alert for the finale

Well it's gonna be pivotal next season saying as it seems the only reason they put it in is to help us understand more why Deb won't rat out Dexter.

Anyways, the last scene shows promise for the next season and thank god Colin Hanks got killed off (it was inevitable but still a relief).

What sort of pisses me off is that when Deb finally found out which should have happened forever ago, it was because Dexter was a complete idiot. Why the hell would he kill Travis in the crime scene where EVERYONE KNEW HE WAS.

Season 6 was legitimately BAD television but I think the last two could be alright.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

Saradactyl wrote:

When Rita died, the whole show went to shit. This really upsets me, because I fucking loved Dexter.

That's not the reason it went to shit though. Far from it in fact.

Saradactyl wrote:

When Rita died, the whole show went to shit. This really upsets me, because I fucking loved Dexter.

I never liked her so it didn't bother me. Also it showed his carelessness was a mistake when he could have killed Trinity much sooner.

Butthurt Burt wrote:

saftey spoiler alert for the finale

Well it's gonna be pivotal next season saying as it seems the only reason they put it in is to help us understand more why Deb won't rat out Dexter.

Anyways, the last scene shows promise for the next season and thank god Colin Hanks got killed off (it was inevitable but still a relief).

What sort of pisses me off is that when Deb finally found out which should have happened forever ago, it was because Dexter was a complete idiot. Why the hell would he kill Travis in the crime scene where EVERYONE KNEW HE WAS.

Season 6 was legitimately BAD television but I think the last two could be alright.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

The crime scene was finished being investigated and was released. Thinking back, they didn't explain why Debra went there, though I imagine they'll explain all that in the premiere of the next season.

I don't think this season was that bad. I was satisfied. Mainly because of the final ten seconds or so.

One thing that annoyed me was they kept listing Colin Hanks as a guest star even though he was in every episode...

JWoww! wrote:

Odea, what series does it start to get bad? i really want to get into dexter.

Watch the first four.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

Oh, and what's the deal with the hand? There are rumours that Louis will be the next killer and that the hand was setting that up. I think they could have gone into that a little bit more.
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Butthurt Burt wrote:

Nah, I know.. in fact, I was going to add that I realize that wasn't really the reason for it but I was lazy. I just forgot what season that was.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Mediocre finale, terrible season.

Saradactyl wrote:

That's because the writers didn't have a clear plan on what to do next. Rita's death was an excellent chance to make Dexter realise the consequences of his actions and his mistakes.
      What did we saw in the next two seasons? A completely careless Dexter, who ALWAYS gets away with it, no matter how many mistakes he makes.
      They could have ended it with a strong 5th and final season, full of revelations, but...

Dexterace wrote:

What did we saw in the next two seasons? A completely careless Dexter, who ALWAYS gets away with it, no matter how many mistakes he makes.
      His carelessness is a result of the fact he's a single father. That's implied throughout the show. And of course he gets away with it, he has to. But now that he finally got caught, you're still hating on the season? You have a problem with him being careless and not getting caught, but now you're taking issue that he was careless and DID get caught. I don't get it. And he's been doing what he's doing (killing) for over 25 years and he regularly plans for worst case scenarios. Perhaps that's why he didn't get caught. What about the real life BTK Killer, who killed people for over 30 years before he finally made the mistake that got himself caught? What about the Zodiac killer? Still not caught. Etc etc. It's not exactly implausible that Dexter keeps getting away without being caught.

Saradactyl wrote:

Rita was the worst character on the entire show with the exception of Lumen.

I actually quite liked season 6. It's not my favorite season or anything but it wasn't bad at all. The finale was pretty fucking awesome to be honest because of the possibilities it opens up for season 7.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ari Gold ().

Good Ass Rob wrote:

I actually quite liked season 6. It's not my favorite season or anything but it wasn't bad at all. The finale was pretty fucking awesome to be honest because of the possibilities it opens up for season 7.

As soon as I saw the door of the church open, I knew what was going to happen. I was leaning forward in my chair staring at my screen thinking holy fuck yes finally. If that ended up not happening I would probably never watch the show again. Glad it did, though.
      - George Carlin

Good Ass Rob wrote:

His carelessness is a result of the fact he's a single father. That's implied throughout the show. And of course he gets away with it, he has to. But now that he finally got caught, you're still hating on the season? You have a problem with him being careless and not getting caught, but now you're taking issue that he was careless and DID get caught. I don't get it. And he's been doing what he's doing (killing) for over 25 years and he regularly plans for worst case scenarios. Perhaps that's why he didn't get caught. What about the real life BTK Killer, who killed people for over 30 years before he finally made the mistake that got himself caught? What about the Zodiac killer? Still not caught. Etc etc. It's not exactly implausible that Dexter keeps getting away without being caught.

The finale was OK. The cliffhanger was expected, I guess if it hadn't happen half of the viewers would never watch the series again.

However, that doesn't mean that the whole season wasn't ridiculous, especially the second half.

Good Ass Rob wrote:

Rita was the worst character on the entire show with the exception of Lumen.

Hanks was ten times worst than Lumen.

And don't get me wrong, I still consider Dexter to be great. However Season 5 and Season 6 have a considerable decrease in quality compared to the previous.

Dexterace wrote:

Hanks was ten times worst than Lumen.
      I disagree. Lumen was the biggest pain in the ass character. And she partway ruined what could have been a great villain in Jordan Chase. What didn't you like about Hanks' performance?

And don't get me wrong, I still consider Dexter to be great. However Season 5 and Season 6 have a considerable decrease in quality compared to the previous.
      Well, considering Season 4 was one of the best seasons of any TV show ever that's definitely expected.

Good Ass Rob wrote:

I disagree. Lumen was the biggest pain in the ass character. And she partway ruined what could have been a great villain in Jordan Chase. What didn't you like about Hanks' performance?

I didn't have a problem with Hanks' performance. It was his character that was a failure; Brother Sam was a much more interesting character. Basically, the whole religion theme was badly handled.

Good Ass Rob wrote:

Well, considering Season 4 was one of the best seasons of any TV show ever that's definitely expected.

You know what's my objection? That they made two seasons and during them the only main story evolution was the last minutes of Season 6. Which means that the rest of these seasons were either filler or less important subplots. Not to speak of the ruined character development (i.e. what happened with Quinn, considering where we have left him last season, was unacceptable).

Brother Sam and Travis were easily the two worst characters the series has ever introduced. Yes, worse than Lumen or Lila. They were both such fucking cliches.

Sam was pretty much there to look wise and said the most generic things to Dexter in order to fit the already stupid theme of religion. I love how when he was dying he trusted Dexter, a man who he met like two weeks ago to carry out his final words. And guess what, his finale words to Dexter happened to be religious bullshit about forgiveness. How shocking!

Travis was just a typical crazy religious guy that's been done 1000000x before. Not to mention once EJO was out of the picture, the whole role of the villain was resting on Colin Hank's fragile little shoulders. Guy is a shitty actor plain and simple and every time he was on screen I let out a tedious sigh.

To be honest, if the season didn't end with a twist that will hopefully freshen up the next season I'd never watch this extremely shitty show ever again. It is complete garbage.

I thought Brother Sam was a promising character, but he was killed off before actually providing anything to the story and he'll be remembered for his pointless and stupid dialogues with Dexter. Which means that his only contribution to the plot was some kind of introduction to religion (and Hanks, consequently) for Dexter (WTF, Dexter had never heard of religious people before?).