Starting relationship after meeting online?

• Starting relationship after meeting online?

Has anyone on here actually met someone online and had it end up being a relationship? I guess I just need to know if it can realistically work. Not like, meeting on a dating site, but just meeting on other forums and whatnot...
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!
    • Re: Starting relationship after meeting online?

Online dating is icky, I'd recommend you not to and just try to find someone through real life.

There's this adorable guy I met online who seemed kinda into me, but he lives in another country . It would be cool to find someone through the internet, if you could be completely sure about who they are and if distance wasn't a problem.
      [CENTER][SIZE=2]There is a light that never goes out.[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

In my case, the guy actually lives near me, and we've seen each other before without knowing it. But is it bad that we only started talking because of an Internet forum?
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!

Musicaddicted wrote:

In my case, the guy actually lives near me, and we've seen each other before without knowing it. But is it bad that we only started talking because of an Internet forum?

Look if you met him on the internet and then met him in real life and now you know that he's normal and stuff then I think it's okay.
      But even if you never met him in your life I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just be precautious and don't trust everything he says.

Twice. In both cases I think it could have gone somewhere if we actually lived closer together. I've met people from forums IRL before and it's awesome, but difficult to have a relationship if you can't see each other often.

Musicaddicted wrote:

Get to know each other a little first, but I think that's more than fine. Couples meet online all the time nowadays. ^^

I'm not really one for online dating, but to each their own I suppose.. personally I would think the relationship is more likely to work out if it is someone you met on an online community such as a forum compared to a dating website.. but when it comes to online dating as a whole, there are a lot of reasons why dating someone you met in real life is superior.
      [CENTER][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="3"]Seduce&Destroy[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      You're sure you still wanna play this evil lil game?
      [/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

to be honest:

I had a relationship for 2.5 years that was long distance and over the computer.
      we did meet up in the summer a couple of times, and somewhat on the winter,

she added me randomly, on myspace.. and it went well.. until I fell for a best friend.

So i mean, I dont see the big difference, its just like dating someone in the army, or along the lines of it.

TheEatingChampagne wrote:

Look if you met him on the internet and then met him in real life and now you know that he's normal and stuff then I think it's okay.
      But even if you never met him in your life I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just be precautious and don't trust everything he says.

agree with this.

And ye since you said you saw each other already, you know hes not someone else then he says he is then you could always try to do something together.
      And then see how it goes.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

It just depends on the people. How well you know the other person. It will be a little hard at first going from talking online to actually being together in person, but if you know the person well enough then it shouldn't matter. There have been plenty of successes but sometimes things just don't work out.