Running Windows on mac/finding games for mac

• Running Windows on mac/finding games for mac

So my boyfriend desperately wants two different games for mac, but they're both like $90. I was wondering if anyone knew of where to find them for cheaper, or if it would be possible to like.. torrent windows for his mac so he could buy them that way off steam.

Age of Empires 2 (with expansion)
      Sim City 4 (with expansion

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling
    • Re: Running Windows on mac/finding games for mac

lolmac

He probably paid $1500+ for his computer, what does $180 matter?
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

Striker88;1062839033 wrote:

You know why nobody has gotten evidence? God hasn't allowed that and won't.

DamnImGood wrote:

lolmac

He probably paid $1500+ for his computer, what does $180 matter?

His dad bought his computer for him before he went to school. If he were to buy these games, it would come out of his own pocket, with money that he doesn't really have.

If you're not going to actually contribute, don't bother posting.

Tanner wrote:

Then why does he need anything else? Lol that's the best game ever

Not even close.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling

Tanner wrote:

Pshht, what's better then cod? Try amazon for cheap games.

Battlefield :). We actually did that a few days ago and Sim City is still $50 and Age of Empires is $80 ;(

-J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

His dad bought his computer for him before he went to school. If he were to buy these games, it would come out of his own pocket, with money that he doesn't really have.

If you're not going to actually contribute, don't bother posting.

Nah, I think I'll continue posting and :lol: @ you people for owning Macs when there's no reason to.

But do neither of you seriously not know how to use a torrent?
      "I've never understood ethnic or national pride, because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth."
      - George Carlin

The cheapest option would be to buy Windows and run it in Boot Camp (I assume he has an Intel mac?) or as you say (aquire, somewhat less than legally) Windows. It would also be the best way to play games, most games released on Mac are poorly ported from Windows and are generally very buggy (not to mention outdated).
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Albus Dumbledore wrote:

The cheapest option would be to buy Windows and run it in Boot Camp (I assume he has an Intel mac?) or as you say (aquire, somewhat less than legally) Windows. It would also be the best way to play games, most games released on Mac are poorly ported from Windows and are generally very buggy (not to mention outdated).

Haha whats an intel mac? Where can he find a copy of windows? Is there one you know of that he can just download without having to manipulate the file 385935 different ways?

DamnImGood wrote:

But do neither of you seriously not know how to use a torrent?

We've found a few torrents for both of the games but theres a bunch of shit that you have to do to it in order to actually "download" the game. Neither of us are THAT savy ;(

-J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

Haha whats an intel mac? Where can he find a copy of windows? Is there one you know of that he can just download without having to manipulate the file 385935 different ways?

intel mac refers to the brand of processor. all new macs have Intel processors, but older ones had powerpc processors.

if you do some research, you can find windows OS torrents, and installation guides. i don't have a Mac, but my girlfriend has considered getting bootcamp on hers to play games.

Linda wrote:

Want windows, buy a windows machine in the first place.

Linda wrote:

We've found a few torrents for both of the games but theres a bunch of shit that you have to do to it in order to actually "download" the game. Neither of us are THAT savy ;(

If you've found some reliable torrents/sources and you're incapable of reading the instructions that come with them (the majority of games have them) then you shouldn't be doing it. Learn, or go buy the game.

Matt wrote:

If you've found some reliable torrents/sources and you're incapable of reading the instructions that come with them (the majority of games have them) then you shouldn't be doing it. Learn, or go buy the game.

We both prefer mac, just not the lack of games available. They didn't come with instructions actually. Is there a reason you're being an asshole?

-J.K. Rowling

Linda wrote:

Haha whats an intel mac?

Wow, seriously?

Linda wrote:

I meant more so about a Windows torrent, but in any case, I just searched for Sim City 4 on Pirate Bay and found two good torrents with easy instructions.

Matt wrote:

These.
      - George Carlin

Linda wrote:

We both prefer mac, just not the lack of games available. They didn't come with instructions actually. Is there a reason you're being an asshole?

I'm not being an arsehole, its just the way you read it. Also I'm only saying it how it is. If there's no instructions then look for some other torrents, see if they have any. Most games on the net have similar instructions, but I've never installed games on a Mac, and I have minor experience installing an illegitimate application on a Mac... Not as fun and simple as doing it on Windows.

Matt wrote:

I'm not being an arsehole, its just the way you read it. Also I'm only saying it how it is. If there's no instructions then look for some other torrents, see if they have any. Most games on the net have similar instructions, but I've never installed games on a Mac, and I have minor experience installing an illegitimate application on a Mac... Not as fun and simple as doing it on Windows.

No, its the way you said it. I'll pass the word along to him, thanks.

DamnImGood wrote:

Wow, seriously?

I meant more so about a Windows torrent, but in any case, I just searched for Sim City 4 on Pirate Bay and found two good torrents with easy instructions.

Srsly dawg. like ttly 4relz.

Thanks, I guess I'll tell him to look those up then.

-J.K. Rowling

Matt wrote:

Ahaha you'd be amazed at the online community for uh... illegitimate, mac software. Especially in the creative arena. I actually find it easier to find audio apps for Mac than i ever did with my windows pc.
      [LEFT][COLOR="Black"]“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”[/COLOR][/LEFT]
      [COLOR="DarkRed"][RIGHT]Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore - Just chillin' out down here at Kings Cross Station y'all! It's a bit foggy though... what's up with that?[/RIGHT][/COLOR]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]