Dying my hair green

• Dying my hair green

I’d like to dye my hair and I thought green would be a good colour to start with. Do you think it’s «too much » or is it tokay?

Here’s a picture of the color I’d like them to be
      fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/201…hemuffinwoman-d2yhy99.jpg

, it wouldnt be light green or anything like that. More like a dark-blueish green. Obviously I wont dye all of my hair, just some part, a bit like on the picture actually.

Or, I was also thinking about just dying the back of my head like here : data.whicdn.com/images/1290057…G1qbpsz7o1_1280_large.png

What do you think looks better? Everywhere or just in the back?
      It’s going to be for the summer, and my boss doesn’t care about coloured hair, I work in a summer-camp.

Obviously if I do it, i'm posting a picture here :wink:
    • Re: Dying my hair green

I would say don't do it, but then, I'm not keen on dying hair colors like that. Keep in mind it fades BADLY, and depending on what color your hair is, it'll likely bleed. (I had blonde with red, I had to shower in cold water because hot made the red bleed into the blonde, and it faded into pumpkin orange where the sun hit it a lot and hot pink on the underside). I say if you want some colored hair, buy colored extensions. They don't fade, don't bleed, and can be put in and out if you don't want them.

I do like the colour.

But indeed think about it really good, like said above the colour will fade and if you don't want it anymore youll need to be patient to get it out, since you don't get your real hair colour back whenever you dye it. And ofc when you want to keep it you need to dye it every month again.
      Just think about it what you want.
      [CENTER]It's the missing that will kill you,
      knowing you've missed your shot.
      ☆[/CENTER]

meg.loomis wrote:

I would say don't do it, but then, I'm not keen on dying hair colors like that. Keep in mind it fades BADLY, and depending on what color your hair is, it'll likely bleed. (I had blonde with red, I had to shower in cold water because hot made the red bleed into the blonde, and it faded into pumpkin orange where the sun hit it a lot and hot pink on the underside). I say if you want some colored hair, buy colored extensions. They don't fade, don't bleed, and can be put in and out if you don't want them.

My hair are really dark, but i'll bleach them on the part I want to get green. I really don't like colored extensions though. But thanks, i didn't really think about the bleed and fading part. I'll have to give it a second thought.

black.star wrote:

I do like the colour.

But indeed think about it really good, like said above the colour will fade and if you don't want it anymore youll need to be patient to get it out, since you don't get your real hair colour back whenever you dye it. And ofc when you want to keep it you need to dye it every month again.

It would only be for the summer, so even if it fade, I guess it wouldn't be that bad :confused: . As I said, i'm working in a summer camp and ... it's the perfect place to try stuff out since you're kind of '' out of the society'' for 2 months.
      If after 2 months I decide to dye my hair brown again, will it work? or will it stay green-ish?

black.star wrote:

I do like the colour.

It would be more than every month. Colors like red, green, blue don't hold like "real" hair color does (but even they fade; it's just not as noticeable). I'd say unless you can live with faded colors (that often change.. Reds go pink, purples go pinky-fuschia, blues go green, greens go yellow— not always), you'll be touching up weekly. I know people who put more color on every couple days.