Friend help!

• Friend help!

First, I am a guy. I'm in 9th grade. I have been neighbors with this girl who became my best friend in 6th grade. We made so many memories and were absolute best friends. In the summer going into 8th grade, we started not talking, and drfting. She started seeing her other friends more and kinda left me alone. In 8th, I made new best friends and moved on, but I'm now realizing that i miss her so much. I really want to be friends again. SO, one of my current friends, who is friends with the girl, texted her and said "he misses you so much, you guys should be friends again, etc" her response was "oh wow I feel really bad, I dont see him in school that much and we don't talk on the bus because it is way too early in the morning to talk, but i would love for all three of us to hang out soon, and I really mean it". I'm still honestly really upset, but i do feel a sense of relief that she has no hard feelings against me. I really do want to hang out with her soon. I just miss her so much and I hope we can become friends again. i just want you guys' opinion on this situation, and maybe what you would do/might have done if you were me. thank you!