Advice for people who have taken Lexapro

• Advice for people who have taken Lexapro

Added: Sorry should be FROM not FOR

Yeah, I'm trying to stop taking my Lexapro (this isn't just a wild decision, I've talked to my psychiatrist about how I'm doing this) and my sleeping pattern is totally and 100% f*cked right now. Like, before I started taking Lexapro, I'd get like 3-5 hours of broken sleep a night. After a while, I started getting 7 hours of solid sleep regularly and now that I'm stopping (down to 5 mg every other day) I sleep three hours, wake up PERFECTLY, clear-as-day awake and then eventually fall back asleep. Then a few hours later wake up again. I sleep a lot in total but I'm waking up out of nowhere and I could stay up and not be tired if I needed to. Which is weird... Anyone have any input?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Encoreliber ().

• Re: Advice for people who have taken Lexapro

I am currently taking 5mg of Lexapro daily and I have the opposite problem. Before taking the medicine, I'd be lucky if I had three hours of sleep at night. Now that I have been on Lexapro (well, the generic brand, but the same) for four months, it feels like I cannot get enough sleep. Unless my anxiety acts up, I CANNOT seem to wake up before noon.
      Good luck taking yourself off this drug. Be careful. I tried to do it myself a few weeks ago because one of the side effects I'm receiving is weight gain accompanied with strange food cravings. My constant hunger is getting to expensive so I went a week without Lexapro and it was the worst decision I ever made. I had the worst mood swings you could imagine and I was lightheaded for three days straight. The mood swings were the reason why I put myself back on my meds because it was getting too extreme. I work in fast-food and for three days straight, I had so many arguments with customers and coworkers I wanted to quit my job. My boss noticed something was up when I wanted to beat up a coworker for saying, "Andrew, that customer is missing a small fry".
      Do exactly what your doctor says. Don't be stupid like me and think you can be your own doctor.
    • Re: Advice for people who have taken Lexapro

yeah ive had this exact prob and it sounds like youre depressed waking up all the time. any anxiety like panic attacks? i say stick in there it takes a few weeks for the old antdepressants to work. also wouldnt hurt to educate your self and google your symptoms sometimes the shrinks precscribe what they get paid to prescribe by the drug companies. get a 2nd opinion from another doc like fam doc if you can. keep your shrink honest.