Getting a new laptop, need help!

• Getting a new laptop, need help!

So i am in need of a new laptop and i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction! This is what I want:

Budget: $1500
      HD Webcam
      Dual-Core Processor (preferably more)
      AT LEAST 6 gigs of RAM
      500 GB Harddrive MINIMUM
      Very good graphics card (im a noob when it comes to this stuff. I want one that will be able to run games like Minecraft, Diablo 3 and some free MMOS like Vindictus or Runes of Magic at max settings or very close to it)

I'm probably forgetting something, but that's what I can remember for now. I'm going to be using this laptop for college (gaming, reports, skyping, etc.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a laptop? I have looked around, but I am really a novice when it comes to this stuff. Thanks :)
      [SIZE=3]Check out my music album reviews please :D!
      AbsolutePunk.net[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Re: Getting a new laptop, need help!

You've got a big budget, so that really helps in finding a good laptop. This also means you most likely won't find what you want at something at Best Buy (which is generally a good thing). When you've got that kind of a budget, you won't find anything less than quad core.

The question is, do you want a heavy gaming laptop? Or something that has only what you ask for?

Hipster wrote:

You've got a big budget, so that really helps in finding a good laptop. This also means you most likely won't find what you want at something at Best Buy (which is generally a good thing). When you've got that kind of a budget, you won't find anything less than quad core.

The question is, do you want a heavy gaming laptop? Or something that has only what you ask for?

I would prefer not to have a heavy gaming laptop because they are so bulky and not particuraly good looking. I'm not going to be playing Crysis 2 or anything like that. Just Minecraft, Diablo III and some free MMOS and I would like to run them at max settings. BUT if there is a gaming laptop that is sleek and not too bulky I would be willing to get a heavy gaming laptop, but so far my search has come up with nothing like that. It has all been 8 pound laptops with huge screens that are not great for carrying around at all.
      AbsolutePunk.net[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CocaineCowboy wrote:

Nice budget!! :D haha and you want a PC so you can get a laptop thats twice as good as a Macbook pro
      HP Pavilion dv7t-7000 Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC | HP Official Store
      Im just a big fan of HP but this graphics card is questionable

This looks GREAT, but how many cores is it (sorry if it says it xD NOOB RIGHT HERE) and you're right the graphics card is a bit funky. Is this available in major stores so I can go out and play with it and get a feel or is this just available online??

I suggest you take a look at this laptop.
      If I had the money, this is what I'd go for.
      NP700Z5AH | Samsung Office

Same questions as above! Thank you to you both for helping me so far :)
      AbsolutePunk.net[/SIZE]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nikon7 wrote:

So i am in need of a new laptop and i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction! This is what I want:

Budget: $1500
      HD Webcam
      Dual-Core Processor (preferably more)
      AT LEAST 6 gigs of RAM
      500 GB Harddrive MINIMUM
      Very good graphics card (im a noob when it comes to this stuff. I want one that will be able to run games like Minecraft, Diablo 3 and some free MMOS like Vindictus or Runes of Magic at max settings or very close to it)

I'm probably forgetting something, but that's what I can remember for now. I'm going to be using this laptop for college (gaming, reports, skyping, etc.)

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a laptop? I have looked around, but I am really a novice when it comes to this stuff. Thanks :)

A MAC.