Iron Anemia or Iron defficiency.

• Iron Anemia or Iron defficiency.

Just recently, I went to the doctor and they told me that I had a defficiency of iron in my blood. That ment that my blood was too light and that it could cause serious problems if it got too low. I was so low, that they couldn't take blood from my upper arm, they had to take it from the back of my hand with a special needle. I'm so glad that they found this in time. I really don't want to get seriously sick or anything So, now I'm on iron pills for it and just wondering, since they said this was a very common problem, how many other people out there have this problem.
    • Re: Iron Anemia or Iron defficiency.

Hi,
      Iron deficiency is probably the most common cause for anaemia. Normally, when red blood cells die, the iron is recycled by the bone marrow and used in the production of fresh red blood cells. Iron deficiency in adults is usually the consequence of blood loss.
      The treatment of this condition involves taking iron supplements in the form of tablets. Periodic blood tests must be done to ensure that the iron level in the blood has been normalized and is being maintained.