Can I change my mind about sex?

• Can I change my mind about sex?

Hey, so, I've been with my boyfriend for 6 months, and we've starting discussing having sex. (I should say, I am a virgin, but he isn't). When he told me that he wasn't a virgin earlier on in the relationship he was very clear that he didnt want to push me into sex, and he hasnt. However recently I told him that I thought I was ready. When I said this though I meant, I would be willing to have sex if we were in a really romantic situation and got carried away. However, he seems to have taken it as "next time we're alone we're going to have sex". I've tried explaining to him that I didnt mean it like that, and he was like 'oh yeah, I understand, I'll have to get some candles and stuff to make it nice for you' which was cute, but he just doesnt seem to understand what I meant. I don't want my first time to be planned out like this, I want it to be spontaneous.

I feel like now going through this has made me not-ready again, but he was so happy when I said that I was, I'd feel guilty changing my mind...any advice?

The post was edited 1 time, last by HelenMcKay ().

• Re: Can I change my mind about sex?

No matter how bad you feel, tell him you're not ready. I'm in the exact same boat you are haha, I'll be honest. What's comfortable and right for you comes first, before what he's hoping for. You don't even have to say you're sorry, because you've done nothing wrong. But I agree with the above post - next time, don't mention sex unless you're completely sure...and if you want it to be spontaneous than I suggest don't mention it at all and let the moment come :)

I would take your time. I'm in your boyfriends shoe right now. Had sex before and she's still a virgin. I'm cool with it not rushing anything too soon too fast. I understand what you mean and I think having an unplanned sex thing also depends if he has somewhat an idea that their is a possibility of it happening without you telling him.

When kissing go just as far into sex without going all the way. If he ain't really rushing you then he won't go over and run over that bridge, but all guys are different.

In my opinion I think all girls think like this.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      How far do you want me to suppress myself so that you'll be satisfied?

If he was waiting so long for you, he can wait few days more. You need to think if you are really ready to start sex life, it's a very important and big step in your life.
      If you want it to happen spontaniously, invite him over, watch some movies or eat a dinner together and look what happens next.
      Just remember to use a condom hun.