Too Picky?

• Hi, my name's Derik as you can see up above, I've been single since the spring of freshman year 2010. I've had 2 actual girlfriends, but I wasn't able to build a very personal or loving sort of affection towards either of them in the end, both relationships were on and off for about 5-6months for this reason. In terms of being a good boy friend, I was told by both individuals that I was the best boyfriend they'd had up to a point after our relationship ended. Plenty of my friends and acquaintances are curious as to why I've been single and try to set me up with girls at random. In terms of "good" or "close" friends that are girls, I usually call a specific individual quite often, hang out, and get to know them to the point where I guess it'd seem we were on the verge of dating, but I've noticed that usually once it gets to that point I start to distance myself from the individual and move onto someone else(the girls don't seem to let go the same way I do though which is why I have a group of them sort of sitting on the side lines right now : /). Out of about the 250-300 girls that attend my local high school, and are residents in the town or nearby towns, I don't really feel attracted(I'm not a homosexual) to any of them in the sense that I want to be in an intimate relationship. I do have an idea of the type of girl I'm looking for, but I'm not sure if I'm just not being realistic, or as the title says, too picky. What do you guys think? :angeldevil:
      “It is quite possible that we can do greater things than Jesus, for what is written in the Bible about him is poetically embellished.” Albert Einstein
    • Re: Too Picky?

You sound like someone I know, lol.
      Have you ever asked yourself why you distance yourself from the girls once it gets to a certain point? Maybe something happened before and you're worried about getting hurt?

You've got to try and get past pushing them away though :(
      Tbh most people nowadays do it too ..

Also there's no rush to find anyone though, the right girl will come along when the time is right. :)
      Now that i've chose to become a pal, a sister and adviser, there's no body wiser.

:hugs: <-- because these make the world go round ;)

AlwaysHaveFaith. wrote:

You sound like someone I know, lol.
      Have you ever asked yourself why you distance yourself from the girls once it gets to a certain point? Maybe something happened before and you're worried about getting hurt?

You've got to try and get past pushing them away though :(
      Tbh most people nowadays do it too ..

Also there's no rush to find anyone though, the right girl will come along when the time is right. :)

Thanks ^^ and getting hurt isn't really something I'm worried about, I've been fine after my break ups in the past with little or no grief. I stay friends with the girls after the whole ordeal, but I feel like a jerk when I realize that they actually have feelings for me : /
      “It is quite possible that we can do greater things than Jesus, for what is written in the Bible about him is poetically embellished.” Albert Einstein

Well they're not so much expectations as they are preferences but, brunette, around average height, athletic/average weight, an interest in athletics or at least running, an interest in gaming, an idea of what they want to do with their life, good social skills, virgin, not too moody, realistic, an all around positive personality and yeah. I'm not sure how to get more detailed than that, however in terms of beauty/looks er whatever, I'm just the kind of guy that's kind of undecided in that area, but I have a general idea of what "look" I suppose I'd like for a future girlfriend to have.

Sorry about this being poorly processed, not very good at communicating detailed thoughts :P

Yeah you might be a little picky, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, it just means you know what you want, and you don't want to settle for less. Like you said they're not really expectations that you have but preferences and that's fine, everybody has those. I think when it gets down to dating or being in a serious relationship with a girl you just back out because your afraid of commitment.
      [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]I want to be fluent in your body language.[/CENTER]

BrownSwiss wrote:

Do you want her number? Just don't mention my name

:rofl:
      dam thats funny

back to topic:

Dude your just like me, you know exactly what you want and you don't want any compromises. I think that when you find a girl and start to poke around in her brain that you start to distance yourself from her because you may not like an interest or characteristic

Happy Hunting :D
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

CocaineCowboy wrote:

:rofl:
      dam thats funny

back to topic:
      I think that when you find a girl and start to poke around in her brain that you start to distance yourself from her because you may not like an interest or characteristic

Happy Hunting :D

sounds like it could be a bit right.