Gay or just distracted?

• Gay or just distracted?

During this school year a new Spanish boy (lets call him Fred) entered my school and we kind of became friends (although he became my secret hate/ obsession of the year). Everything was fine we were becoming friends and all. For my birthday he gave the Full Monty movie and I just hoped he was gay. Yesterday we went to a party and my last year's obsession (lets call him Eric)was there (although he didnt really count as a real obsession since he is a year older and I only saw him sometimes in recess). Now everyone knows Eric is gay since he usually likes getting drunk and telling his personal info. In the party Eric began talking to Fred and me, about his vacations in Spain and how he accidentally stayed at a gay hotel. The time passed and I began noticing Eric was flirting with Fred and he even asked me if I knew if Fred was gay. Fred either didn't notice or he was playing hard to get with Eric, Fred had previously told us he was good at knowing who was gay (thing Im starting to doubt since Im bi and he hasn't noticed) to which Eric told me "he still doesn't know about me" When Eric left, Fred told me Eric seemed like a nice guy to which I could on laugh and nod. Today I dont know if I did right, from what i heard this Eric boy can be a little too "overly attatched girlfriend style" and i dont know if Fred is even gay. i was thinking about telling Fred about Eric's sexual orientation but the I thought, what if Fred is also gay and I offend him? So I don't know what should I do since I really care about Fred a a friend
    • Re: Gay or just distracted?

Hmm, it's hard to tell if he's gay or not with that story, it doesnt sound like fred is gay to me, if he was he would of probably been flirting with eric a little more since eric was openly flirty with him. You could ask eric to ask fred if hes gay, since someone who is gay asking someone else if they're gay isn't an insult, its just a curiosity thing for their own benefit. That's just my opinion though, fred might not like being asked such a question, especially if hes in the closet.

I'm sure if you take your time and get closer to fred, you'll realize if hes gay or not. Something like that is hard to hide for very long, i wouldnt openly ask him or your friendship could be ruined, if you hang around him enough, the truth should come out in his actions or conversation.

Well today my friends pressured me (I was the chosen one) to tell Fred that Eric was gay since my friends said that Eric was a little too dangerous, Fred kind of freaked out and refuses to go to an Eric's art expo (he is famous in my city) with us since he thinks Eric will take advantage (and so do I) but still Eric's fame could help us in the future if we are his friends. Now some of my friends think Fred also kind of faked his reaction, like he didn't care, but wanted us to believe he did. Also everyone agrees (even a friend's mom) that Eric was flirting with Fred in an obvious way and it was weird Fred didn't noticr

ApatheticBella wrote:

It sounds like he's very deep in the closet, he wouldnt have freaked out like that if he was straight, unless hes extremely homophobic.

I exactly thought that and today he suddenly told me you know I don't care he is gay I'll be diplomatic and so he went and said hi to him. Now Eric has invited him to his art expo (I think he maybe won't invite me :mad: ) and Fred has accepted to go.