(Christianity) When you go to heaven.

• (Christianity) When you go to heaven.

Hi everyone,
      I was thinking about heaven for the last few months.
      I have heard that you get everything you've ever wanted in heaven. I've also heard that there's no sex in heaven, therefore you don't get everything you ever wanted because lets say for argument sake that you have always wanted to bang Megan Fox or Taylor Swift and you see them in heaven and in heaven you can do anything you want, right? So then what?

Opinions on this? :).
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Feel free to PM me anytime about anything![/SIZE][SIZE=7][SIZE=6]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE][CENTER][SIZE=4][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [/SIZE][/CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
    • Re: (Christianity) When you go to heaven.

I can't have an opinion on this since I am not like you.

You didn't show me where it says it in the bible, and you're taking things you've 'heard' for truths. I suggest before you think you research.

You say 'then what', as if that's the end of the discussion, but you haven't even stated your opinion, just your perverse hyper-sexuality.
      [CENTER]:love1:
      Erykah Badu - I Want You
      2:51

[/CENTER]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Elija ().

Elija wrote:

I can't have an opinion on this since I am not like you.

You didn't show me where it says it in the bible, and you're taking things you've 'heard' for truths. I suggest before you think you research.

You say 'then what', as if that's the end of the discussion, but you haven't even stated your opinion, just your perverse hyper-sexuality.

I've done research, just google "heaven and sex". It also says that there is no marraige in heaven, but on earth you are married in the face of God so if marraige is a holy ceremony then why doesn't it exist in heaven?
      Anyone? :/.
      [CENTER][SIZE=4]Feel free to PM me anytime about anything![/SIZE][SIZE=7][SIZE=6]
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

My opinion on this, since there are no facts, is that heaven does give you everything you want, but not in the sense of the physical. If heaven were a physical place then "having everything you want" you would have cars and trillions of dollars and girls everywhere and there wouldn't be enough room. So good thing heaven is not physical, its non-physical, meaning that there is the pleasure of sex (non-physical) but not the act of sex (since that can only happen in the physical). Not sure if that made sense. :S

There is no actual holy literature on what you will or will not receive in heaven. The basic idea, and I haven't stepped foot in a church or talked to a priest/pastor/reverend in years so take it with a grain of salt, is that basically the connection between humans and God is restored. You won't get what you want now, like sex, because once you and God are connected again, you won't have any wants.

Ari Gold wrote:

I'm a Christian.

Oh sorry. What do you expect then when you die?

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Eminemaniac wrote:

What are you expecting in terms of an afterlife then?

[/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

I'm Catholic but I don't really believe in Heaven per say. Seems a bit grandiose of an idea...like something you tell kids as a bedtime story. I prefer to just leave it alone and find out what happens when I die. No reason to worry about it now when no one can actually tell us the truth about the matter.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!

Musicaddicted wrote:

I'm Catholic but I don't really believe in Heaven per say. Seems a bit grandiose of an idea...like something you tell kids as a bedtime story. I prefer to just leave it alone and find out what happens when I die. No reason to worry about it now when no one can actually tell us the truth about the matter.

If you prefer to leave it and find out when you die, are you not afraid that there will be no heaven? I know that's a stupid way to put it because if there is a heaven we'll be all happy and live happily ever after but if there is no heaven then you can't be scared because you'll be dead. It's creepy in a way but bad because you then have to live by 'make the most of your life because today could be your last day'. It's scary. O_o :o.
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

ItsMee wrote:

If you prefer to leave it and find out when you die, are you not afraid that there will be no heaven? I know that's a stupid way to put it because if there is a heaven we'll be all happy and live happily ever after but if there is no heaven then you can't be scared because you'll be dead. It's creepy in a way but bad because you then have to live by 'make the most of your life because today could be your last day'. It's scary. O_o :o.

Well, if there isn't a Heaven, there's nothing I can really do about it. I can't prevent myself from dying or anything like that ha. For some reason this sort of thing just never figured into my fears. I like the concept of living every day like the last.
      ~*~
      Please check out my blog at http://mylifeinverse.com/ or check out my youtube videos at http://youtube.com/mylifeinverse Thanks, loves!

Musicaddicted wrote:

Well, if there isn't a Heaven, there's nothing I can really do about it. I can't prevent myself from dying or anything like that ha. For some reason this sort of thing just never figured into my fears. I like the concept of living every day like the last.

It's scary though. But when you do die you'll go to heaven and you can do all the things you've always wanted to do. But in your case (no offence) if you've always wanted to do something and never got to do it, how would you feel? Life is confusing isn't it? :).
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

ItsMee wrote:

It's scary though. But when you do die you'll go to heaven and you can do all the things you've always wanted to do. But in your case (no offence) if you've always wanted to do something and never got to do it, how would you feel? Life is confusing isn't it? :).

I don't find that specific idea too confusing ha, but I'm a bit odd on it. I know that there are things I will never get to do in my life, especially considering that I have a lot of medical problems in my family. With my genetic inheritance, I likely won't live past 30 years of age. It's like there's a rap sheet I have to cop up to at some point. So, I have my priorities sorted and I just take every day as it comes. There's no reason to be disappointed by what I didn't get to do or what I still have to do. You just do as much as you can...and if something is really important to me, I do it sooner rather than later.
      ~*~

Musicaddicted wrote:

I don't find that specific idea too confusing ha, but I'm a bit odd on it. I know that there are things I will never get to do in my life, especially considering that I have a lot of medical problems in my family. With my genetic inheritance, I likely won't live past 30 years of age. It's like there's a rap sheet I have to cop up to at some point. So, I have my priorities sorted and I just take every day as it comes. There's no reason to be disappointed by what I didn't get to do or what I still have to do. You just do as much as you can...and if something is really important to me, I do it sooner rather than later.

Sorry to hear about you family's medical history. :(. I guess your right:
      just take every day as it comes
      Thanks for a good debate on this topic. :).
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]

Musicaddicted wrote:

No worries dear! :)

I must say you're a very nice person. :).

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

Anyone else up for a debate? :).
      [/SIZE]
      [/CENTER]