Is it the right time?

• Is it the right time?

For a long time now I have had feelings for a friend. She is older than me by 3 years so I knew I needed to be older to tell her how I felt. I talked to her about a year ago and told her I had feelings for her and that I wanted to go out, maybe to see if something was there. When I did she told me "It's not the right time. You are in High School and I'm in college. One day we will be at the same point in our lives." It is over a year later, I'm in college, and I have no idea if she was being easy letting me down or if she actually wants me to give it another shot....
    • Re: Is it the right time?

There's no harm in trying if there's no harm in turning her down.

But at this point won't she be almost graduating college and getting ready for her "real" life? Sounds like you're still in pretty different points in her life.

Whether or not she was just letting you down easy is hard to say. It is possible that she does have feelings for you but does not want to enter into a relationship that she feels won't work. It's also possible that she doesn't have feelings for you and doesn't want to hurt you. So it really could go either way.