Friends with benefits?

• Friends with benefits?

Uh, hey. So I'm (I guess) friends with benefits with this guy, let's call him Joe. But you should know, I have had a crush on him for a long time. And he knows I do. But I was skyping with him the other day, and I said something like "I'm lonely, okay? Don't judge me." <-- referring to me and my ex bf. (he dumped me that morning) and Joe said that we could be friends with benefits. And he told me we would basically be dating, but without the label and we don't tell anyone. But I'm not so sure that he isn't just.. leading me on? I don't know. I try to text him, so that I can, you know, clear things up? but he won't reply... I don't know what to do... If you guys can give me some advice, anything will be better than what I am thinking. Thanks.
      <3
    • Re: Friends with benefits?

He said it himself. He isn't leading you on; as there is nothing to lead you onto.

He said "friends with benefits." Know what that means? Friends with benefits. Thats it.

This "we'll basically be dating" talk is just a way to make you say yes.

He thinks you're cute and he wants that; he probably likes your personality too.

Though he doesn't want to be tied down.

He wants the best of both worlds; I don't think him knowing you like him was a factor to him whatsoever. Kind of selfish in my opinion. Though hey, do what you want; but remember, he said it himself: It isn't dating. It's friends with benefits. That's it.
    • Re: Friends with benefits?

i just said this too him.... "alright, I need to get this off my chest. I'm not looking for a friend with benefits. And yes, I haven't stopped liking you, obviously. I'm looking for a relationship, and if you can't give me that, then I understand. But, I can't be friends with benefits, that's not what I want." and his response? "thats fine"
      <3