Benghazi Attack

• Benghazi Attack

The Benghazi attack that killed four U.S. officials on September 11 is seeming like it's being used by both Romney and Obama to attack one another. Romney's claim that Obama only called the attack an act of "terrorism" 14 days after the attack is only half true because Obama referenced it on Sept 12 as an "act of terror" albeit indirectly. A lot of people are arguing that the administration did not give major focus to the attack before the 28th (which, was the day that it was an official act of terrorism). Ironically though, Obama stated that the perpetrators of the attack used an anti-Islam video from the U.S. as an excuse for the attack. I'm not mad at Obama for calling the attack an act of terror (not "terrorism"), I just find it "slightly" annoying that Obama has quickly utilized the attack as a catalyst for complementing Islamists and reprimanding "slanderers of the prophet". While I'm not justifying the wisdom of the video (it's
      not very wise to spit at a religion torn between extremism and conservatism locked in an already awkward situation with your country), Obama does seem to be using the attack as a catalyst for sympathizing with "slandered, offended, and oppressed" Islamists. That being said, it may just be a matter of timing in which each individual (Romney & Obama) condemned the video. Romney condemned the video in 2010. Obama condemned the video right after the attack. Romney, all of a sudden, seems to flip flop on his position on the video; he had to go on a different stance on the situation because it was a great opportunity to be the good guy and condemn Obama for being on the stance that he, himself, was on just a second ago but jumped off in time.

This is my take on the situation. Anyone concur? Disagree? Don't Care? =P