My Half sister needs help

• My Half sister needs help

To start off my mom left my family when I was 3 years old. She took my half sister and well left state with a guy who physically and sexually abused them both. My mom and her new bf did drugs and ended up homeless.. So my mother is not exactly ever going to get the best mother award.
      My half sister just had her baby and now our Mother is trying to tell her how to raise her son.
      My half sister is getting really mad and I can't blame her, I would get mad as well because my mother has no idea how to raise a kid a child or baby.
      I told her to be upfront with it I had to be when My mom tried to force herself in my life. I told her that she didn't give a fuck how I was doing since I was 3 I'm 21 now. Before I was 19 she made no attempt to call or even come see us she could have came up to Alaska to see us but went to hawaii instead. I have just started to forgive her and the instant I gave her a little forgiveness shes assumed that she had a right to know what was going on in my life. So I brought the fact up that she left us and that even though I was forgiving her that she still had no right to know anything and to back the fuck off.
      I told my sister to do the same thing but my dad says it's a little to harsh.
      I understand it's harsh but what she did to me was wrong but what she made my half sister go through is 10x worse. Am I being to harsh?
    • Re: My Half sister needs help

You're definitely not being harsh. She made the choice to leave you and also to put your half sister through the trauma of that abusive bf. If she honestly cared about your lives then she could have put you two ahead of yourself. If you really want to re-introduce her into your life then I suggest doing it in steps. Let her know you're grown up now, and she will not tell you how to live your life, and that being said if she wants to get to know you again then she does it on your terms.