BB Cream?

• Hi.
      I'm just curious to see if you guys use BB Creams.
      I have been using the Garnier one and I think it's really great if you set it with powder because it tends to make my skin pretty oily (I have dry/sensitive skin)

I would love to hear your experiences and even suggestions on new brands to try

-Oak
    • Re: BB Cream?

Are you treating acne? If that's the case I suggest Olay facial cleanser be cause it cleared up my acne. For dry skin I use Palmer's cocoa butter lotion and dry,chapped or cracked lip's I use bee's was brand lip balm/ I hope this help's.
      Technology is neither good nor bad, nor even neutral. Technology is one part of the complex of relationships that people form with each other and the world around them; it simply cannot be understood outside of that concept.

oakles wrote:

Hi.
      I'm just curious to see if you guys use BB Creams.
      I have been using the Garnier one and I think it's really great if you set it with powder because it tends to make my skin pretty oily (I have dry/sensitive skin)

I would love to hear your experiences and even suggestions on new brands to try

-Oak

Heard mixed opinions. I've heard some people try drugstore BBs and love them, and some say only the Japanese BBs are worth using. I've got a MAC BB right now, I'm still deciding what to think of it. Looks nice on, but feels grossly waxy if too much is put on and I learned the hard way that it can NOT be left overnight (I have once, and woke up to find it sucked ANY moisture out of my skin). Then again, I'm not using it for the "many benefits of BB", I'm just using it to even my skin.

SeductivePain wrote:

Are you treating acne? If that's the case I suggest Olay facial cleanser be cause it cleared up my acne. For dry skin I use Palmer's cocoa butter lotion and dry,chapped or cracked lip's I use bee's was brand lip balm/ I hope this help's.

BB cream isn't a face cleanser, it's makeup.

meg.loomis wrote:

Heard mixed opinions. I've heard some people try drugstore BBs and love them, and some say only the Japanese BBs are worth using. I've got a MAC BB right now, I'm still deciding what to think of it. Looks nice on, but feels grossly waxy if too much is put on and I learned the hard way that it can NOT be left overnight (I have once, and woke up to find it sucked ANY moisture out of my skin). Then again, I'm not using it for the "many benefits of BB", I'm just using it to even my skin.

BB cream isn't a face cleanser, it's makeup.

It is? Sorry i didn't know that at all.
      Technology is neither good nor bad, nor even neutral. Technology is one part of the complex of relationships that people form with each other and the world around them; it simply cannot be understood outside of that concept.

As for BB Cream, I've tried Smashbox and Maybelline. By far, Maybelline beat out Smashbox, which was a surprise to me from the start. Either way, I love it, but if you're trying to cover up acne, this isn't a good product. It's pretty much simply a tinted moisturizer, and if you're trying to get something that's light, yet has heavy coverage, this absolutely isn't the product. However, if you're someone who is just looking for a product to keep your skin protected, hydrated, blue some scarring and imperfections, and even your skin tone, this product is perfect. Hope this helps(:

Ditto on the maybelline. Being of the darker skinned variety, I was really impressed to see that they had my shade. It's definitely not for acne coverage and more of a tinted moisturizer, but if you want something low-key to even out your skin tone (like I do) it's perfect!