A boyfriend and a boy friend

• A boyfriend and a boy friend

I have a boyfriend, but i also have a lot of boy friends... (friends that are boys) and my boyfriend does not approve of this act. Since i am more tom boy than i am girly, it is easier to get along with guys. i have been this way since i can remember and i have never had this problem in my previous relationships...

I understand the whole jealousy thing, but i think he takes it too far. I can barely talk to anyone without him thinking i am cheating -_- i have a guy best friend who i have talked to since i was 14. I am 17 now, and yes we had somewhat of a "romantic" relationship in the past, but it wasnt serious and my boyfriend hates when i even say his name. thats ridiculous.

but now i am getting close to this guy. I did not just meet him, i have known him since i was 14 as well, but i didnt really talk to him that much, but now i am starting to get really close to him and im afraid to tell my boyfriend because i dont want him to get mad at me. any advice?
    • Re: A boyfriend and a boy friend

isabel215 wrote:

i am very serious with my boyfriend. weve been together for two years.
      but i cannot just stop talking to this guy... ive pushed him away for too long and now that my boyfriend and i have starting to get some space, i have gotten closer to this new guy

If your so serious. Then you can forget about the other guy in a snap.
      "As in heaven as on Earth, we've been dead since our birth" -Hollywood Undead

Put yourself in his shoes, would you like him constantly talking to girls even if they're just his friends?
      I'm sure this annoys you, but many boys would feel jealous if their girlfriend was always talking to other boys. Talk to you boyfriend about it and tell him you have friends that are boys, nothing more.
      If it doesn't seem to be working, maybe he's not the right guy for you.

Honestly this is a difficult situation and there's nothing more you can do other than explain this to him.

Good luck :)
      If I am not for myself, who will be for me?
      And if I am only for myself, what am I?
      And if not now, when?

ur bf shouldnt be tellin you who u can be friends with. thats jus controlling and p mean. you have the right to be friends with anyone u want to b, and he should be able to trust u. if he doesnt trust you to be faithful then u guys ave some issues to work out but theres no reason to take that out on friends whov done nothing wrong.

Me and my boyfriend got into constant fights about how I had more guy friends than girlfriends. I can't help it if I was raised by a man & adapted more male traits than female. But anyways to solve this problem in the issue.
      What helped my boyfriend understand that my guy friends were just my guy friends is that I told him look Ethan is my best friend like how Ben is your best friend. Do you want to hook up with Ben? after a few of these questions he settled down and realized he had nothing to worry about. We still get into arguments about it every now and than but I simply tell him to fuck off.
      But what is throwing up red flags is instead of saying your getting to know a guy who's becoming a close friend your just saying your getting close to the guy.
      Maybe your bf has sense that maybe the friendship between you and this guy could end up being more than just friendly. Honestly you shouldn't even be trying to make new guy friends when your in a relationship and yes honey I've been with my bf for 2 1/2 years so far and I have never made a new guy friend because of the fact that it brings a new short of new in.
      So HONESTLY if you love your boyfriend Cut ties with this dude & stay with the group of friends you got

" i have a guy best friend who i have talked to since i was 14. I am 17 now, and yes we had somewhat of a "romantic" relationship in the past, but it wasnt serious and my boyfriend hates when i even say his name. thats ridiculous."

He's an ex. I think most people would be suspicious if their gf/bf was best friends with an ex.
      [CENTER][SIZE=1]He holds me in his big arms
      Drunk and I am seeing stars
      This is all I think of
      [/SIZE]

[/CENTER]

isabel215 wrote:

and yes we had somewhat of a "romantic" relationship in the past

isabel215 wrote:

but now i am getting close to this guy. I did not just meet him, i have known him since i was 14 as well, but i didnt really talk to him that much, but now i am starting to get really close to him and im afraid to tell my boyfriend because i dont want him to get mad at me. any advice?

You see these two statements do really bother me. We guys tend to have a stark reminder that our significant other had someone else in their life and that burns deep. It may not feel like a big deal to you but it does to us knowing that our significant other was with someone other than me.

My only advice would be to, if really value your relationship with your boyfriend then you should disregard the guy you are falling for (the boy in the second para I quoted).

The post was edited 2 times, last by Orn ().