A Short Doctor Who Fanfic

• A Short Doctor Who Fanfic

The following story is based off of the episode of Doctor Who called Closing Time. It takes place in the universe where it's always 5:02 PM. In this story, Amy has found out from her memories of the original universe that I have some kind of psychic connection with the TARDIS. This is a conversation between the two of us.

“But why me?” I asked, with a hand on the eyepiece.
      “Because you have a special power.” The red-haired Scottish woman said. “Tell me, what’s this?” And she held up a model of a blue phone box. I’d seen them on street corners before.
      “A phone box.” I replied, with some hesitation. I remembered the dream, but I didn’t say anything about that.
      “And what else?” her voice was softer now, more human, with just a tiny hint of wonder. I hesitated again. “Go on, Bella. Only you can answer this question right now. I will understand. Don’t be afraid to say what you think.”
      “A time machine.” I spat the answer out quickly, before I had enough time to think about what I was saying. “The one from my dream. It happens every night, I see it, and I think it has something to do with…” I stopped speaking.
      “Go on.” The woman smiled kindly.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. “This sounds very strange, I know. I’ve tried explaining it before to other people, but they don’t get it. Every night, it happens. I have this dream where I’m standing in a park, with this phone box, only it’s not a phone box, it’s a time machine, and I’m a time machine too, like we’re connected or something, and then I hear the voices, a million voices all at once, like everything that’s ever happened and everything that ever will is happening all at the same time and I can’t hear my own thoughts and there’s no room for anything new because it’s so loud that if it got any louder the whole universe would explode into a million pieces.” I opened my eyes before whispering my last sentence. “Only I think it already did.”
      [COLOR="Red"][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"]Life's a thousand yesterdays to learn from, a thousand tomorrows to plan for, and one today to be the best you can be.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]