World news and teenagers.

• Re: World news and teenagers.

I don't think teeners are concerned enough about what is happening around us to catch the news. As part of a school assignment or to get the latest bits on their stars, maybe they do watch sometimes. Mention darfur and they'll probably think its an alien project.

I'll get one point through first.

"Watching the news does not mean you're all knowing on the subject."

The news will present what they wish, not always getting the depth or the entire story.

Yes, I watch the news, history channel and all that jazz. But, when interested in a manner I'll do a personal study, looking in-depth from several sources on the matter.

In politics, you should never go off what one friend says, parents or the news. Some will hate or love that certain political party, leader, idea or such. Look into it and make a choice for yourself, don't just hear their idea then join them in it.

"Bush sucks!"
      "Why?"
      "'Unno, my friend said he sucks."

I enjoy hearing about current events, local and worldwide. I'm rather knowledgeable in politics. Its important to use multiple news sources. The press cannot be depended on to tell the absolute truth, escpecially CNN. I use multiple sources, then draw a logical conclusion on truth.
      It is a sad day when an innocent nation's flag is decried as hate speech.

If I say it, I believe it. Most of the time, anyway. :lol:

heavery wrote:

Do teenagers watch news nowadays? Have you all heard about all the political killings, the hurricanes, the false accusations and finally being accused world leaders and stuff like that? How concerned are teenagers with the world right now?

I'm 16, I watch the new as much as I can. And when I can't I read it online. Its dumb going through life not knowing what is going on around you. And I hate being seen as underinformed and misled just because what other people in my stereotype group come across as.

Kannst du Deutsch? Schick mal PM!
      Ich bin kein Nazi. Deutschland liebe ich, aber die NSDAP sind verrückt gewesen. Sie sind nicht echte Deutschen (gewesen).

I do not watch much of the news. I find it utterly useless and biased. Especially the local news networks. Every days its the same story of which celebrety forgot to put on her panties when exiting the car or a one-hour report on the updated amount of people that died in Iraq.
      If there is one relevent piece of information, it is usually quite short and very superficial. I remeber a report on one of the news channels describing Vladimir Putin as a Soviet Strongman, spouting Soviet-era propaganda and turning Russia into the Soviet Union. I lost track of howmany times they mentioned the Soviet Union.
      Research online and in the papers is the best chance to stay effectively informed.