cutting

• dont be selfish guyz no im not speekin out my ass i dont it b 4 n i was being selfish just think ay for real find someone to talk to n i noticed the worst thing to say to a cutter is to tell them to stop no one understand that u cant just stop!!! its like a drug addiction!
      U HAD UR LAST CHANC3, MY LOV3 4 U WAS SO TRU3 Y SO D33P, SO SAD DAT I CRii3D MYS3LF TO SL33P...FORBiiD3N LOV3..WHO 3V3R THOUGHT.
    • Re: cutting

dolce_amore wrote:

The part that I did understand of your statement was not to tell someone to stop cutting.

Im pretty sure no one would actually tell someone that. Seriously, maybe say you NEED to stop. Which is completely different.

And it is possible to stop. Im an example of that.

well im sure some would cuz they have said it to me. and yeah it is possible to stop i do know that much. but its different with everyone i guess im saying that for some people you cant just stop one day and never do it agian other maybe they can.
      U HAD UR LAST CHANC3, MY LOV3 4 U WAS SO TRU3 Y SO D33P, SO SAD DAT I CRii3D MYS3LF TO SL33P...FORBiiD3N LOV3..WHO 3V3R THOUGHT.
    • Cut

here's my philosophy on cutting and why it occurs.

Perhaps the most difficult aspect of a teen's life, or anyone's life to understand would be the subject of self harm. Here's my opinion to the issue. Cutting, simply put completely replaces the current pain a person is feeling with the pain a blade is causing. Simple enough right? Take for example subject A who recently was devastatingly hurt by a boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse and has now broken up with them. Person A is emotionally crushed and is dealing with depression. Now, physical pain is overwhelming in severe cases. With that in mind, if person A willingly forces themselves to feel physical pain, that overwhelming sensation covers up the psychological pain (depression) they had. It in fact replaces the psychological pain with physical, temporarily pausing the psychological pain(similar to biting your tongue while peeling a bandaid off, or something). When faced with severe emotional distress you'll do anything to stop it. I believe subject A causes self harm knowing it will stop that psychological pain, if only for seconds or minutes... and it's worth it to them. Depression is underrated in terms of it's impact on a person. Subject A can halt it with a cut. What's worse?, feeling this overwhelming pain of depression or cutting? They consider depression far worse. Which leads me to a feeling of 'high'. The biological unconscious state your body enters when feeling physical harm is an adrenaline pulse of endorphines/chemicals. It's a large feeling. Could a masochist (someone who's pleased by pain emotionally and physically) actually be pleased by this pain? possibly. I certainly believe so. I believe when in the deepest possible moment of depression, when you're crying and hurting and everything feels wrong in this world you have an instinct (albeit only a small percentage of us have it) to cut yourself so that you stop feeling this uncontrollable pain, and the only immediate thing you can do is cut yourself and be temporarily relieved of it.

I'd add my personal feelings on the issue, however I believe I've already done so. You know what I've done and you know how I've dealt with my depression. Scary no doubt, it scares me too, although what can we do? There's no other seemingly instant cures from our pain. No remedy but cutting will cure.

I hope I've shed some light onto a subject seemingly difficult to understand by outsiders. Perhaps I've solved the crisis some of you undergo, and give reasoning to it. I don't condone it, however I have little to no impact on what a person I don't know does to their bodies. This might be an epidemic, I don't know. Media plays a large role in impacting a teen's daily life, so I think if it were publicly showcased on an epic scale i.e. movies, t.v., etc... it could have devastating results. Possibly more teens will realize what cutting can achieve them, perhaps they'll realize the negative consequences and thus, never cut. I don't know.

Well, that's my take on the subject at hand. I'm no philosopher nor intelligent, in fact I'm the opposite... I'm a worthless person who's life means nothing. I'm a mess. I couldn't have asked for better parents or siblings, however I live in my world of hurt and I'm alone. I might understand (or think I understand) the self harm idea, but I'm far from solving life's more important issues. At least I have you. I'm not alone in this regard. There are others feeling my pain. So if we can help each other surface from this struggle only good will come. right? The more important a question now is, how do we, the depressed, rise from the dark? What advice can we offer to each other? What positive reliefs of stress and depression do we use? It's obvious right? Well what isn't obvious to us, is what will work for us and cure us, because despite loving advice from others, we're still a mess.

Thanks for reading my thoughts.
    • Basically, what I'm getting at, is physical harm, like breaking bones, cuts, etc... is more profound than emotional, so if you break your arm you aren't worried you forgot something at the grocery store, the physical takes priority....

cutting would be a quick fix, and the high your body receives from reacting to the cut could be addictive.
    • i read 2 lines of the big post on the last page and felt it was pointless
      any way i have cut myself a few times and carved my name into my arm before. i dont know y but wen doing my name it didnt hurt and wasnt tht bad with the wrist cuts
      at school i got annoying crowds asking me about my cuts dammit i wish i had worn a wristband or long sleeves
      [SIZE=4]"[SIZE=2]I wear scarves and hoods 'cause its the only poker face I've got left[SIZE=4]"[SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]
      [/SIZE]