worried about ex-boyfriends mental state...

• worried about ex-boyfriends mental state...

i was going out with this guy for 6 months, he ended our relationship about 10 days ago because he "doesnt want a relationship." and that he's thought about it and "the whole thing isnt for him"
      of course i was absolutely heartbroken and still am, i cry a lot even though i know i shouldnt still be crying.. we're only 16 but we both thought we'd stay together for years and years... but i think something is, mentally, wrong with him
      normally, he's a sort of introverted guy, he doesn't go out much with his friends, the only person he ever went out with outside of school used to be me(when we were dating)
      but it was just the normal amount of introverted-ness for a teenager who's a little different from the crowd
      but recently, i asked him, because we both agree we want to stay good friends, if he wants to go to the cinema or something this weekend, and he said probably not because he has no motivation to get up and do anything unless its school,
      i'm worried because he's hinted at this before, about a month ago, that he doesnt want to go out and be around people and get up out of his own bedroom, unless its mandatory for school
      in school, he's a kind of underachiever, the biggest procrastinator i've ever met, he actually doesnt care much for school even though its his last year, as he wants to become a filmmaker. the thought of school depresses him, really...
      i dont know, i'm just worried because i love him, so much, and i feel like he's fallen into some sort of reclusive depression-ish thing, and i have no idea what to say or do... i want for us to go out and start being friends or maybe more, again, in the future but i dont want to seem like i'm getting impatient with him
    • Re: worried about ex-boyfriends mental state...

Your deecription reminds me of myself. You should at the very least be friends but don't push for more. Its alright to let you feelings be known but you should also learn to be content with a friendship and also make that clear. As for getting him out and doing things, you should appeal to his hobby. Going out in public places is one thing, like the movies, but also keep i n mind the option of secluded stuff like a walk on a forest trail, watching the sunset ot sunrise, or something. He may or may not be into the whole outdoors and physical activity thing, but its a good alternative to being around other people.

On a separate note, since he's into film, I'd like you to tell him something for me. Attribute it to whom or whatever you wish;

"If your existence was on display, and humanity was to watch the film of your life; would it be heralded as a masterpiece, or a wasted opportunity? Could you find honor and pride within the telling of your story? If not, perhaps you should rewrite the script. After all, they say that writing is rewriting, and Earth is just a glorified set. Do what you wish with your debut show, but know that there are no retakes. But that shouldn't stop you from rewriting future scenes, or adding plot twists at your whim."

...or something like that.
      [SIGPIC]http://www.thecommonage.net/mandala.gif[/SIGPIC]
      The living may not hear them; Their voices may fall upon deaf ears. But make no mistake; The dead are not silent. My Skype: Alaestor My TeamSpeak3: ts3.FutureGadgetLab.net