GF's parents found out having sex

• GF's parents found out having sex

so I've been dating my gf for 2.5 years, she just graduated high school, and her parents found out we had sex for the first time. Clearly they extremely upset by the issue. However, we waited a really long time and I used protection. They really care about her and I get that, but they haven't put her on birth control and they expect us not to do it again. I don't think these are fair expectations, she leaves for college in 2 months and I will hopefully be as well, but we won't be able to see eachother nearly as often. Why is this such a big deal and is there any way to come to a happy medium? Any help is appreciated?:confused:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Scanlon ().

• Re: GF's parents found out having sex

I would sit down together and have an adult conversation with them. Let them know that you really care about their daughter, you guys are being safe, and you respect her. Let them know that it was never your intention to hide or deceive them in anyway, and you hope that as adults, everyone can move forward. Secondly, if your girlfriend is 18 (or even in some cases, 17) then she can go to her doctor or planned parenthood and get on birth control by herself.

“We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.”
      -J.K. Rowling