Her father is a racist!

• Her father is a racist!

Hi guys. I'll just go straight to it. So I've fallen in love with a beautiful girl and we have been together for three months. A month ago, someone told her father about us and he flipped out. She always told me to never come to her place without telling her and she didn't want me to meet her parents either. I soon understood why.

Her father is a racist and has told her to never meet me again (I'm African American). A couple of days ago, he spotted us walking together a couple of blocks from where she lives, and he came out of his car and ranted against me (calling me the n-word). He tries to stop her from meeting me, calling me, texting me etc. She always finds a way to do so, but this is getting a bit tiresome. I don't want her to be frozen out of her family because of me. She loves her father and her family very much and she actually cried yesterday because of the pressure she was feeling.

I told her today that we need to break up for her sake. I just feel so angry and depressed right now. What a fucked up society we live in. I just had to write this somewhere. :(
    • Re: Her father is a racist!

Hey, my dad is a racist and I'm dating this wonderful guy who is the same race as you. (I'm white)
      So you're not the only one.
      But understand this, he can't control you're lives. You like who you like. Black, White, Mexican, etc.
      I dunno how to make him stop being a racist, but you could talk to him about how much you love his daughter and that you won't hurt her. Like try and make him look past your race.
      "As in heaven as on Earth, we've been dead since our birth" -Hollywood Undead

The bombest wrote:

Hey, my dad is a racist and I'm dating this wonderful guy who is the same race as you. (I'm white)
      So you're not the only one.
      But understand this, he can't control you're lives. You like who you like. Black, White, Mexican, etc.
      I dunno how to make him stop being a racist, but you could talk to him about how much you love his daughter and that you won't hurt her. Like try and make him look past your race.

There is no use talking to him. He even won't let his daughter talk to him about this.

Btw, yesterday she called me crying telling me that her father was going to throw her out if she didn't break up. I told her to do it, but she wouldn't. She hasn't picked up the phone since then. I'm really worried about her and I'll be knocking on her door later.

Bowele wrote:

There is no use talking to him. He even won't let his daughter talk to him about this.

Btw, yesterday she called me crying telling me that her father was going to throw her out if she didn't break up. I told her to do it, but she wouldn't. She hasn't picked up the phone since then. I'm really worried about her and I'll be knocking on her door later.

I've been down this road before.
      I would say start seeing each other secretly. Let her tell her dad that you two broke up, but didn't, so then you guys meet up somewhere some days.
      If it's possible for you guys to do so.

The bombest wrote:

I've been down this road before.
      I would say start seeing each other secretly. Let her tell her dad that you two broke up, but didn't, so then you guys meet up somewhere some days.
      If it's possible for you guys to do so.

Yes, the problem is everybody recognizes us so easily (she is blonde and white, Im black etc). Her friends, my friends, her parents friends etc. Whenever we try to hide and stuff, someone let her parents know.

The bombest wrote:

Fuck.
      Can you try and go somewhere where nobody is at?

Yh, we try that as often as we can. I just got my drivers licence, so sometimes I'm allowed to borrow my father's car and I drive her around and that's the best time we've had the in weeks. :)

But I can't have the car all the time, so we spend like two or three hours every other day with each other and then spend the rest of the time longing and texting like idiots.

Bowele wrote:

Hi guys. I'll just go straight to it. So I've fallen in love with a beautiful girl and we have been together for three months. A month ago, someone told her father about us and he flipped out. She always told me to never come to her place without telling her and she didn't want me to meet her parents either. I soon understood why.

Her father is a racist and has told her to never meet me again (I'm African American). A couple of days ago, he spotted us walking together a couple of blocks from where she lives, and he came out of his car and ranted against me (calling me the n-word). He tries to stop her from meeting me, calling me, texting me etc. She always finds a way to do so, but this is getting a bit tiresome. I don't want her to be frozen out of her family because of me. She loves her father and her family very much and she actually cried yesterday because of the pressure she was feeling.

I told her today that we need to break up for her sake. I just feel so angry and depressed right now. What a fucked up society we live in. I just had to write this somewhere. :(

bro, don't tell me you're surprised. You absolutely did the right thing, it wasn't going to work out because of the one-sidedness displayed. her dad's racist, at my young age, I've actually seen and been around ppl who've been in these positions, this one guy I knew told me the story of his cousin who decided to disobey the girl's father and go around her house, needless to say, the poor guy was shot inside of the house. Regardless of what you do, there's nothing that can change the mind of stupidly ignorant hate. So cut your losses and find someone else :)
      I am the true Don, and as one, you know my life as a life worth inquiring about :cool:

Bowele wrote:

Yh, we try that as often as we can. I just got my drivers licence, so sometimes I'm allowed to borrow my father's car and I drive her around and that's the best time we've had the in weeks. :)

But I can't have the car all the time, so we spend like two or three hours every other day with each other and then spend the rest of the time longing and texting like idiots.

There you go.
      It's better then nothing. This shows that you're not giving up on her.
      And if you guys could, like Skype each other. So you guys can at lest see each other.