Killer Chocolate Fridge Cake

• Killer Chocolate Fridge Cake

I've had this utterly divine and scrummy chocolate fridge cake recipe for years. Its so easy to make, too, but ask your parent to help you when melting the chocolate in the bowl. Being diabetic, 'fraid I can't eat a lot of it. Of what I can, it's like a taste bomb going off in my piggy lil' mouth. :P

Konditor & Cook's Chocolate Fridge Cake

HINT: To make this recipe more appealing to children, why not replace 100g of dark chocolate with milk chocolate?

Makes: 10 large, very rich slices
      Preparation time: only 15 minutes Chilling time, though: 4 hours

Extra hint - treble the quantity

INGREDIENTS:
      125g (4 and a half oz) unsalted butter
      75g (3oz) golden syrup
      200g (7oz) 72% Cooks' Chocolate, broken into pieces. Note here: Best use Lindt or Green&Black's because it's far better
      1 egg
      50g (2oz) digestive biscuits
      50g (2oz) whole walnuts
      50g (2oz) sultanas
      50g (2oz) glacé cherries, reserving a few for decoration

HOW TO:
      Line the loaf tin with greaseproof paper or baking parchment and set aside.

Melt the butter and syrup together in a small saucepan over a gentle heat until they begin to boil.

Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended over a saucepan of barely simmering water, then mix thoroughly with the butter and golden syrup. Make sure the bottom of the heatproof bowl doesmn't touch the simmering water, as it will affect the chocolate.

Pasteurise the egg by beating it slowly but continuously into the hot chocolate mixture.

Break up the biscuits into large chunks; remember, they will be broken further when mixed, so don't make them too small.

Add the walnuts, sultanas and most of the cherries.

Pour the chocolate mixture on to the dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula or wooden spoon.

Press the mixture into the tin and decorate with reserved glacé cherries.

Leave to set in the fridge for about 4 hours which is the the difficult part because of the long wait. Remove from the fridge, peel off the paper and cut into slices or cubes.
      Serve chilled.

Reference: lifokidsmum.blogspot.co.uk/200…ditor-cook-chocolate.html

Sometimes the best memories people make, are new ones.