Girls in male showers

• Benny973 wrote:

Thanks for the response. I agree that by 10 to 12 I don't think I needed any help changing lol. But I think some of it is safety. They maybe think they need to protect them or something, idk. All I know is I have seen it, and thankfully have never had the problem of a classmate being brought into the locker room. My brother has though
    Yes. Safety can be an issue. That's why I said I'm just speaking of danish safe conditions :)
    "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
  • Benny973 wrote:

Thanks for the response. I agree that by 10 to 12 I don't think I needed any help changing lol. But I think some of it is safety. They maybe think they need to protect them or something, idk. All I know is I have seen it, and thankfully have never had the problem of a classmate being brought into the locker room. My brother has though
    It’s totally about safety and not about needing help at that age
    It can be awkward yes but it’s not a big deal, no one tries anything and once initial looks are done with it’s just shower and change and go
  • Leilani wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

It’s totally about safety and not about needing help at that ageIt can be awkward yes but it’s not a big deal, no one tries anything and once initial looks are done with it’s just shower and change and go
    I agree, usually after some quick looks most move on and just shower and change or whatever. But one time my brothers classmate was in there with her dad. She kept trying to talk to him and even moved next to us to keep talking. He was a bit uncomfortable about showering and changing naked around her
  • Benny973 wrote:

Leilani wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

It’s totally about safety and not about needing help at that ageIt can be awkward yes but it’s not a big deal, no one tries anything and once initial looks are done with it’s just shower and change and go
    I agree, usually after some quick looks most move on and just shower and change or whatever. But one time my brothers classmate was in there with her dad. She kept trying to talk to him and even moved next to us to keep talking. He was a bit uncomfortable about showering and changing naked around her
    She was obviously not bothered by it/comfortable with it
    How old was she?
  • Leilani wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

exactly that’s why I’ve been in mixed or male ones on camping / road trips
  • niknik wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

Leilani wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

She was obviously not bothered by it/comfortable with itHow old was she?
    they were like 9 or 10
  • Benny973 wrote:

niknik wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

Leilani wrote:

Benny973 wrote:

She was obviously not bothered by it/comfortable with itHow old was she?
    they were like 9 or 10
    Aww that’s cute then
  • Personally, I don't see a problem with mixed showers or changing rooms. That having been said, on a practical basis, at least where I live, that woiuld never happen at a public facility, like a water park or public swimming pool. When I was a little kid like under 8 years old, my mom took be with her in the girl's changing room at the public swimming pool. But, I was too young really to know the difference and had no sexual ideas about sex. I don't believe that I got a boner looking at naked girls back then.
    Vivimus Volare, Volamus Vivere,
  • When I was little with dad at the pool or beach showers/change rooms sure
    Probably up until 8 and then I had a stepmom for that
    Some places like campsites and beaches they still don’t want me going in on my own so it’s stepmom or my stepbrother usually
    It’s not a big deal
  • Anneki wrote:

When they can do the changing and showering on their own, children should use the changing rooms for their own gender.
    But I think it resolves itself as soon as early puberty and self-awareness kicks in.
    Depends where really, like a 5 year older or even younger can change themselves but it doesn’t mean they should be in a place like that alone if there are creeps about
    I’m still not allowed alone in some beach or pool change rooms (beach especially) because of the stories of girls (boys sometimes too) getting grabbed and shoved into a stall and… well you can guess what
  • Yeah...if it's a public locker room, such as a gym or city pool, typically the cutoff in my area is age 5.

Some of the pools have private facilities for older kids or kids who need help or whatever. Maybe there's a mom with an 11 year old son and 5 year old daughter and the mom doesn't trust the locker room or whatever. She'll take them both in the private facility. Sometimes these are called family restrooms or gender-neutral restrooms.

Schools are strict. Unless it's a rare/special occasion, stay out. Some of the high schools use the opposite locker room as the visitors for sports. For example, if you're on the girls volleyball team and you're playing an away game, it may be needed to use the boy's locker room.

A boys basketball team might use the girls locker room when playing an away game.

In those cases, there'd be other facilities for the fans to pee in.

My HS has coaching offices in the locker rooms. I had to go in there once, but the coach made sure it was safe. I didn't see anyone in there.
  • Orangeandlong wrote:

I would think that it could lead to problems and possible assaults....While I don't mind showering with girls I know I wouldn't want to do it with strangers.
    I think the idea is to prevent same sex assaults by having them go with a parent or older sibling in the opposite sex bathroom, it’s supervised not just a girl wandering into the men’s area and vice versa on their own