What would you think if an ex sent you this?

• What would you think if an ex sent you this?

So long story short, I had mutual feelings with a guy, he asked me out and then a few days later after I thought it through I told him that I wasn't comfortable hanging out without masks because covid was pretty bad where we are and I have high risk family members. He respected that but only wanted to be friends. We kind of lost touch, and we do see each other at school sometimes and we are friendly towards each other but don't really talk. Now things have changed where we are and we are both vaccinated. I never lost feelings for him and now I like him even more. I don't know how he feels so i'm thinking about reaching out and asking him.

How does something like this sound:

"Hey listen, I know we stopped talking but I've been thinking about things and I realize that I still have feelings for you. If you have moved on and you're in a new relationship, then I'm nothing but happy for you. I do feel like it was my fault that it didn't work out before, so that would be understandable. However if we were both vaccinated (I will be in a few weeks) I'd be happy to try this again, the way you originally wanted. So anyways...I just thought I should tell you in case you feel the same way. I wont be offended if you don't, and if you are in a new relationship I would understand if you dont even want to respond."

Am I making a huge mistake here or is this reasonable?
    • This could mean that they want something from you. They could be the type of person that isn’t sure what they want. They love you one day , the next day they want a divorce. This behavior can end a relationship failing.

Some people can’t let go. They cling to a relationship long after it’s over. They cant/won’t accept that it’s over. This can lead to stalking and worse.

It could also mean just what it says, they are thinking about you every day. This is normal. When you love someone and they become a part of your life it’s hard to transition between having them around, texting and calling them very day to nothing. It is sad no matter how crazy things got, when it’s over you start to miss all the little things they did. You forget the bad and remember the good. This sometimes brings them back together for brief periods of time. Usually it’s better know as a booty call. The sex will be great but then you start to see the reasons why the relationship ended and then you are able to let go and move on. One last goodbye.

I think about people everyday. It’s not always good. Have you asked what it is they are thinking? You might be able to talk about those thoughts and help them to let go and move on.