Did you vote for Bush?

• Re: Did you vote for Bush?

The first time he came round I was probably a little young to understand politics to the extent that I could choose my allegiances. Second time round, no I certainly wouldn't have supported him. Being too young and british kind of gets in the way of me showing these allegiances though :P.
      [CENTER]

[RIGHT]Ta-ta
      [/RIGHT]
      [/CENTER]

Well most people on this forum would have been too young to understand politics when he won his first election so it is a little hard for anyone to say wether they supported him at that point.

Anyway, I didn't really care much about american politics, and to tell you the truth i'm not that bothered right now by American politics and am more concerned with my own country's government but I did not support him in his second election but I didn;t support Kerry either so if I was American and of the right age to vote (I don't know when you come of age in America but over here we are given the vote at 18) I would have obviously looked into it more but at the knowledge I had at the time I abstained from any opinion on the matter.
      [CENTER]This is a gift it comes with a price
      Who is the lamb and who is the knife
      Midas is king and he holds me so tight
      And turns me to gold in the sunlight
      - Florence + The Machine, Rabbit Heart

I'm not a misanthrope, but I can utterly empathise with them.
      [/CENTER]

Bush, you mean that daft turnip of a man in office for 8 years? Oh, of course I supported him. You know what they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder, and what better way to miss the relatively good years of Clinton than to support that vegetable.
      I've yet to consider something sufficiently clever, witty or pleasantly silly and satirical to place as my signature. In lieu of such as phrase, I have decided to write this explanation, in the hopes of providing a reason.

Both those reasons are good reasons. And I shall spend a day in church before I hear you mock them so incredulously!
      Thought it is ironic, American politics are largely driven not by individual voter choice but by which candidate takes the center stage, or rather, which candidate your friends will vote for and for whom is voting cool. Rather odd that you would condemn a tradition so proudly upheld in both the choosing and hating of candidates.
      I've yet to consider something sufficiently clever, witty or pleasantly silly and satirical to place as my signature. In lieu of such as phrase, I have decided to write this explanation, in the hopes of providing a reason.

Troll! I shudder at this declaration. I am no more a troll than the sun is a large ball composed mainly of hydrogen which is engaged in the process of thermonuclear fusion thus releasing large amounts of energy and producing large amounts of Helium and is responsible, later in its life, for the production of heavier elements such as carbon, oxygen, Iron Uranium and the like.

What no! Any half silly person can understand that I am saying this from the point of view of a fellow in BIzzaro World, ergo instead of I am a troll, I have been saying that I am not a troll. To clarify, I am making this particular post from the point of view of a non-bizzaro world person.

Both times? Well, the first Bush election took place when I was in the 4th grade and my dad voted for Gore so naturally I went along with him. Now that I am older and more wise (as wise as a 15 year old can be) I would probably have supported him just the same "because Bush tells people what to do with their bodies, sweetie, and that's not okay". However, the second election I would not not not not not have gone with Kerry. Only because it would have been a dire mistake.

The whole "Fuck Bush" thing really grinds my nerves though. Would you really be satisfied had it been another man? I mean, I'm sure if a Democrat had one you would have been more pleased but another Republican man?... Probably not.
      i don't sleep

I know that and I'm sure it's easier to say that now when all those other Fantastic Republicans are not your current president :). I was only getting at that teenagers (and adults, but not as commonly) tend to be very upset with positions of great power - no matter who they are - when they cannot change it. Possibly when they can, I don't know. It's only an observation.
      i don't sleep