Colour combinations

• It's the fashion industry. They come up with new "trends" to sell new products. Same goes for colors.

Another reason: There are certain colors that don't fit together. I mean they are not pleasent to look at. Artists can tell you about that. Sometimes it is done on purpose.
      There are general rules that apply to most people - don't ask me about the details :D And of course everyone has a personal taste, whereeve that might come from. But telling people "they are not allowed" to wear certain things is just stupid and rude.
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Unless it is really loud colors then you wear what you want. If wearing loud colors those are harder to mix. I have been to vintage clothing stores and saw pictures from the 60's and 70's and WOW who would have thought. So fashion comes in waves but you have your own surfboard to ride it out. You be You is the best.
      PS the only time there are limitation atleast to me is when your invited to a Wedding or a Funeral. Those times are for others and not you.
    • kathyFL wrote:

Unless it is really loud colors then you wear what you want. If wearing loud colors those are harder to mix. I have been to vintage clothing stores and saw pictures from the 60's and 70's and WOW who would have thought. So fashion comes in waves but you have your own surfboard to ride it out. You be You is the best.
      PS the only time there are limitation atleast to me is when your invited to a Wedding or a Funeral. Those times are for others and not you.
      I agree, you don't show up at weddings and funerals wearing jeans.
      Keyboard not found. Press F1 for help.
    • Pultost wrote:

Depends... you can wear dark black jeans to funerals or normal jeans to weddings. For the wedding it depends on the couple and what they want their wedding to look like. Some like themed weddings like pirates for example. You don't wear a suit to those and very different dresses then usual :D
      curious open-minded short but not so short guy from Germany. open for conversations/PMs, all topics, all ages, all genders
    • Benni90er wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Depends... you can wear dark black jeans to funerals or normal jeans to weddings. For the wedding it depends on the couple and what they want their wedding to look like. Some like themed weddings like pirates for example. You don't wear a suit to those and very different dresses then usual :D
      A pair of jeans which are as black as they can possibly get, then they're an exception, as long as the rest is formal (a white blouse or shirt, for example, and nice shoes). For weddings I suppose it depends what the couple and families are okay with, but I know that if I showed up in one of my family members' wedding, wearing grey or light blue jeans, they'd kill me. :P
    • Pultost wrote:

Benni90er wrote:

Pultost wrote:

A pair of jeans which are as black as they can possibly get, then they're an exception, as long as the rest is formal (a white blouse or shirt, for example, and nice shoes). For weddings I suppose it depends what the couple and families are okay with, but I know that if I showed up in one of my family members' wedding, wearing grey or light blue jeans, they'd kill me. :P
      Sounds dangerous :D I know i will always ask because i have no idea what to wear when :D
    • Benni90er wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Benni90er wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Sounds dangerous :D I know i will always ask because i have no idea what to wear when :D
      It's always a good idea to ask if you're not sure. ;) However, I mostly rock my "MIB suit" on formal occasions, it's fool proof. ;)
    • Pultost wrote:

kathyFL wrote:

Unless it is really loud colors then you wear what you want. If wearing loud colors those are harder to mix. I have been to vintage clothing stores and saw pictures from the 60's and 70's and WOW who would have thought. So fashion comes in waves but you have your own surfboard to ride it out. You be You is the best.
      Or wearing a white dress, unless you’re the bride
      dim ond ychydig o ddraig,

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,
      Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;
      Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra mâd,
      Tros ryddid gollasant eu gwaed.…
    • Eirianwen wrote:

Pultost wrote:

kathyFL wrote:

You could go to a wedding wearing a white dress and a veil, so the bridegroom couldn't see you, and see if you could trick him into marrying you by mistake.
    • Eirianwen wrote:

Pultost wrote:

kathyFL wrote:

Well, it would be a bit unusual, but if the groom feels like wearing a white dress, then why not? Formal wear is formal wear. ;)
    • Part of it's the same as in art, some colours compliment eachother (so bring out a more vibrant feel together) and some clash with eachother (but these can be used to create an effect aswell)

Theres nothing to stop you wearing whatever colours together you want. Just some might give better visual as just a splash or accessory than a big mat of colour

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • BJade wrote:

Part of it's the same as in art, some colours compliment eachother (so bring out a more vibrant feel together) and some clash with eachother (but these can be used to create an effect aswell)

Theres nothing to stop you wearing whatever colours together you want. Just some might give better visual as just a splash or accessory than a big mat of colour

But I don't understand from your diagram whether these combinations shown are supposed to be good combinations or bad ones? And who decided which way round the wheel goes?
    • joannainthemiddle wrote:

BJade wrote:

Part of it's the same as in art, some colours compliment eachother (so bring out a more vibrant feel together) and some clash with eachother (but these can be used to create an effect aswell)

But I don't understand from your diagram whether these combinations shown are supposed to be good combinations or bad ones? And who decided which way round the wheel goes?
      I think it was meant to show you how contrast works and for you to decide how much "contrast" you want to wear. The color wheel looks like fall colors. And the matchs are opposite colors. Like how black and white contrast eachother but can be worn at the same time. It is all your choice.