I Wanna Ask A Girl To A Dance, But There Are Complications...

• I Wanna Ask A Girl To A Dance, But There Are Complications...

Mk, so Ngl i honestly have no idea what to do with this situation. I've known this girl for quite a while now, and ive grown to like her, and theres a dane at my school coming up that i wanna ask her to. The problem is, is that one of my close friends also wants to ask her to the dance, and hes been planning to for the last month or two. I really dont wanna ruin my friendship with him over a dance, but if he goes with her, then my chances of going to a future dance with her are slim. Shes honestly a really nice girl so i doubt she'll say no to someone asking her. The dance is in a few week so i dunno really what to do. Im thinking to just go at the situation maturely and not ruin my friendship over a dance. But i dont know. What do yall think?
    • if he's your good friend talk to him about it. If you both REALLY like her, then might be a problem. But if you both know atleast you won't get any bad feelings with eachother

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • MattW25 wrote:

The problem is, is that one of my close friends also wants to ask her to the dance, and hes been planning to for the last month or two. I really dont wanna ruin my friendship with him over a dance
      Sounds like you've already answered your own question tbh

If you're concerned with possible consequences then you should probably listen to them. I know you may like this girl a lot, but it sounds you're already feeling guilty for even asking about this. The people that are going to tell you to "go for it!" aren't risking anything here. You are. If you step on your friend's toes while he's trying to figure out how to get up the nerve himself (and you know he is, you said he was planning on it), then you may lose on both fronts here. I'm all for asking someone out and pursuing a relationship, but is it worth risking the friendship for a chance (and you don't even know how she'll answer)?
    • I agree with @BJade, & @CayceStars . The first thing you need to do is sit down and have a talk with your friend. You have known your friend most likely and are closer with your friend then you are this girl. You need to sit down and figure out between the both of you what the best solution is to keep your friendship intact first. Then I really think with this talk you both will realize is it going to be worth risking your friendship over going to a dance with a girl? You both have to really figure that one out together.
    • MattW25 wrote:

Mk, so Ngl i honestly have no idea what to do with this situation. I've known this girl for quite a while now, and ive grown to like her, and theres a dane at my school coming up that i wanna ask her to. The problem is, is that one of my close friends also wants to ask her to the dance, and hes been planning to for the last month or two. I really dont wanna ruin my friendship with him over a dance, but if he goes with her, then my chances of going to a future dance with her are slim. Shes honestly a really nice girl so i doubt she'll say no to someone asking her. The dance is in a few week so i dunno really what to do. Im thinking to just go at the situation maturely and not ruin my friendship over a dance. But i dont know. What do yall think?

Pultost wrote:

First come, first serve, man.
      I agree with that. If you dont dare and you wait for too long, someone will dare and steal her from you ;)
    • You're young. Statistically speaking, most relationships from this age don't last, and friendships drift apart, Because people change so much at their many different stages of life. Just because a girl is nice, doesn't mean you two are compatible. I don't have all the details, so I can only make a judgement based on the information I have. There are many factors that go into a relationship, people are very complex. I get that you're living in the here and now, but assuming you have a future, the above will likely be relevant to you. So I advise that you don't take your feelings for this girl so seriously, or your friends. As in, there's no need to feel like it's the end of the world if she decides to go with him this time instead, or if she goes with you and nothing comes of it or if you get together and it ends. I'm hoping this information means you can make an informed decision.