Not getting wet dreams/masturbating

• Not getting wet dreams/masturbating

Hi so I got my first wet dreams around a year ago and since then haven't had any. And I also don't masturbate ever. Is this bad since I know wet dreams are supposed to release excess semen and so if that's not happening maybe that's not good. Any insight is welcome thank you!
    • Welcome to Teen Hut.People are different.My brother didn't have his first wet dream until he was 15.I have always woke him in the morning and he has had boners every morning since he was 12.I don't know if he masturbates but I did catch him fondling his penis and his balls when he was real soft.He wasn't masturbating when I caught him.He was just wiggling his soft penis around with one hand and rolling his balls around in his ball sack with the other hand.U had a wet dream at 12 and many boys don't cum until they are older than that.I hope this helps?Like I said people are different and develop at different ages.Right now u are to young to worry yet.
    • babyblue17 wrote:

Welcome to Teen Hut.People are different.My brother didn't have his first wet dream until he was 15.I have always woke him in the morning and he has had boners every morning since he was 12.I don't know if he masturbates but I did catch him fondling his penis and his balls when he was real soft.He wasn't masturbating when I caught him.He was just wiggling his soft penis around with one hand and rolling his balls around in his ball sack with the other hand.U had a wet dream at 12 and many boys don't cum until they are older than that.I hope this helps?Like I said people are different and develop at different ages.Right now u are to young to worry yet.
      Okay thank you for the reply, I will stop worrying!
    • hunkabunka wrote:

Hi so I got my first wet dreams around a year ago and since then haven't had any.

So for development milestones you've reached the one about being able to ejaculate, even if it hasn't happened again.

hunkabunka wrote:

And I also don't masturbate ever. Is this bad since I know wet dreams are supposed to release excess semen and so if that's not happening maybe that's not good. Any insight is welcome thank you!

Lots of guys talk about feeling a need to cum regularly, but it is not a need in the same way that food, drink or sleep are. The body can cope without it - nothing dramatic will happen, at least in the short term, though in the longer term it may increase your risk of prostate cancer when older. As far as releasing the semen you've made, once the glands are full, if you don't have a wet dream, I think the new just pushes the old out into the urethra, the tube that runs from your bladder to the tip of your penis, to be washed away next time you pee and you may notice it making your pee slightly cloudy.

Then, while there is a general relationship between masturbation and wet dreams in that not masturbating, or masturbating less, seems to make them more likely it is definitely not as simple as wet dreams just being a way to get rid of semen you didn't ejaculate while awake as some people can go for ages without ejaculating either way and some can have a wet dream the same night as having masturbated.

Back to the need, what most of us do feel is a strong urge. We feel horny and we know that will be resolved by cumming and also that it will feel great to do so, so we masturbate. We also know that we are likely to be more even tempered and perhaps better able to concentrate when we're not so horny. See the thread about abstaining before a sports game to have the opposite effect, i.e. be more aggressive, though no proven effect on performance has been found.

It is entirely up to you if you choose not to masturbate, but it is important to know that you can't save up your sperm for some future time when you are married and ready for a baby. The sperm you have available to ejaculate today will be long dead by then whether you ejaculate them or not and you will have recently made new ones ready to do the job.
    • Just to add a little more to this, there are some sources that say that unused sperm are reabsorbed. I am pretty sure knowledge of the reabsorption mechanism comes from studying what happens after a vasectomy. I am not sure if anyone has studied it in someone who has not had one of these.

To learn more about the way the reproductive system works it is probably easiest to read this description while checking out suitable pictures. You can Google for a great variety of these but I'll start with one that shows things from a urinary perspective:

The important things to notice on this picture is how the urethra, the tube that leads from the bladder to the tip of the penis, goes through the internal urethral sphincter, then through the prostate, then through the external urethral sphincter. Sphincters are rings of muscle around a tube that can contract and block off the tube, acting as a kind of valve. As far as I know these two sphincters are the only two in the system and are mostly there to control the flow of urine. The internal urethral sphincter works automatically: normally it is closed to keep urine from dripping out of your bladders as soon as it enters it, then opens once your bladder is full enough to need emptying. The external urethral sphincter is the one you are able to control so that you delay actually peeing until you have found toilet. The other thing to note about the internal urethral sphincter is that the ejaculation mechanism takes control of it once you are close to cumming and holds it closed to make sure your cum can't go back into your bladder and urine cannot contaminate your cum. That is why it is impossible to pee when you're highly aroused and maybe for a short while after cumming. After that control returns to being automatic.

The next thing is to trace the path of sperm from our testicles to the end of the penis and this diagram is rather better for that:

Sperm are made in the testicles but are not fully mature when they leave and then travel through the epididymis, a coiled tube on the outside of the testicle which you can feel as a squidgy bit. A good analogy for this is one of those conveyor belt ovens for cooking pizza when the freshly prepared pizza is put on the conveyor at one side of the oven and emerges cooked at the other size with the length of the oven, the temperature, and the speed of the conveyor being just right for the pizza to be fully cooked. It's like that with the epididymis: the sperm enter immature at one end and emerge mature and ready to go at the other.

From the end of the epididymis, sperm travel up the vas deferens, ascending from the scrotum up inside the body. At some point there is an ampulla - a thicker part where some sperm can be stored. Normally, nothing further happens until it is time to ejaculate. At the start of ejaculation the sperm pass the seminal vescile for that side of the body which contracts and releases a thick clear liquid into the vas deferens to join the sperm. Next the sperm and liquid come to the point where the two vas deferens join together to form one duct called the ejaculatory duct which leads down to the prostate gland. The prostate gland also contracts and releases a thinner, milky coloured liquid. The sperm and the liquid then end up in the bit of the urethra between the two sphincters, called the prostatic urethra. What has happened so far is called the emission phase of ejaculation and is also the point of no return - once everything has been mixed together like this (making semen aka cum) it can't be put back to where it came from.

Finally we have the spurting, where muscular contractions push the semen along the urethra and out of the tip of the penis.

So back to what happens if you don't ejaculate. Internally, glands usually have narrow tubes where whatever they make is made which then empty into larger tubes etc. The liquid does not run out of those tubes because the top end is closed and the tubes are narrow. You can try this as an experiment with a suitable narrow drinking straw. If you fill it with water and then hold you hand over one end, you can hold it so the open end is downwards but still the water does not run out. So normally, to get the liquid out of these glands, muscular contraction is required to squeeze the gland and make it deliver the contents but, if it is completely full, then new production will push what has already been made along the tubes and out.

Likewise, there is a continuous flow of new sperm coming through the epididymis and along the vas deferens. Once the ampulla is full this will tend to push what is already there into the ejaculatory duct. Eventually that would also reach the urethra but will take longer than, for example, the prostate.
    • MarianaMaja wrote:

hunkabunka wrote:

Hi so I got my first wet dreams around a year ago and since then haven't had any. And I also don't masturbate ever. Is this bad since I know wet dreams are supposed to release excess semen and so if that's not happening maybe that's not good. Any insight is welcome thank you!
      Why dont you masturbate?
      He has maybe religious views ?(