trust issues

• trust issues

This is more of a rant than anything, a piece in a puzzle, one thing in a large picture that collectively is the reason I have trust issues. She lies, often. Even about big things. Always has done.

I got a letter to say that I would be getting disability living allowance, my mum had previously been claiming it for me. It stated on the letter that I was meant to receive a substantial payment which I never got, I got the following payments instead and so on. After months, decided to chase them up for it. Asked if it had gone in her bank account, she denied it. Asked her to check, she said she would've noticed, but checked to be sure. She then denied it. Said that when I do get it, it will be like a bonus. Cue being on hold on the phone for hours for days to get through, which she knew about and warned me about, as she has been on benefits for most of her whole life. She even let me send off a letter to them, which she helped me write, even asking for compensation for the wait time, which I would have be entitled to (And as you'll find out, I was not, so I am very embarrassed)

Turns out that she had received that first payment, as confirmed by someone who works at the department of work and pensions, then immediately confirmed by herself, casually playing it off as a mistake. Because that money was given to her for the final 2 weeks of me being 16, even though in the letter, they phrased it that I would be receiving the money. They apologised.

She counts every penny. Every month, there are detailed accounts of her and her partners income, and her expenditures. They are transparent with each other about their income and spending's, they always know where their money is coming from to buy something and they keep all receipts. It's like an obsession. She had definitely lied to me about this, knowingly, for months. What I'm most mad about is that she let me send off an embarrassing letter asking for money and compensation that I wasn't entitled to.