Busted: Sleeping Naked.

• Have they ever told you that you couldn't sleep naked?
    Not sure why adults seem to freak out about their kids sleeping that way. Studies have shown it can be beneficial, plus I find it the most comfortable way to sleep, especially when it's hot as you discovered.

If they tell you to stop you'll just have to, it's their house so their rules. Sorry
  • No wonder some people are so unsure of their own bodies, when parents can't deal with it. Sounds like an awful experience.
    You may have to start using an alarm clock instead of having your parents wake you up.
    "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe
  • Unless your parents have a rule against sleeping in the buff then they are over reacting, if no rules are in place then the only big deal I see is disrespect for privacy. You might sit down with them and explain that it was hot and you were cooling off and can they please knock on the door when you have it closed out of respect for you privacy .
  • maseb wrote:

Have they ever told you that you couldn't sleep naked?
    Not sure why adults seem to freak out about their kids sleeping that way. Studies have shown it can be beneficial, plus I find it the most comfortable way to sleep, especially when it's hot as you discovered.

If they tell you to stop you'll just have to, it's their house so their rules. Sorry

No rule like that is in place. But it will probably be now. I am in puberty so it was really awkward they saw me butt naked like that with all the changes and my developing boy parts.

They also were complaining all the sheets on the bed have to be washed cause it probably smells like naked butt. I will see what awaits me when I get home.
  • troy.ryan.troy wrote:

maseb wrote:

No rule like that is in place. But it will probably be now. I am in puberty so it was really awkward they saw me butt naked like that with all the changes and my developing boy parts.

They also were complaining all the sheets on the bed have to be washed cause it probably smells like naked butt. I will see what awaits me when I get home.
    Good luck
  • maseb wrote:

troy.ryan.troy wrote:

maseb wrote:

Good luck
    they fussed more. They said the sheets smelled
  • troy.ryan.troy wrote:

maseb wrote:

troy.ryan.troy wrote:

maseb wrote:

No rule like that is in place. But it will probably be now. I am in puberty so it was really awkward they saw me butt naked like that with all the changes and my developing boy parts.They also were complaining all the sheets on the bed have to be washed cause it probably smells like naked butt. I will see what awaits me when I get home.
    Good luck
    they fussed more. They said the sheets smelled
    Most likely from puberty not just because you were naked
  • Well, all I can say is do the following:

#1. Talk to your parents about what happened, and how thy shouldn't just barge in unless they want to run the risk of seeing certain things that they might not want to see (you could be wide awake and out of bed, but still naked, for example).

#2. Get an alarm of some sort (alarm clock, app on your phone, etc.) to wake you up, so you don't have to worry about having to have someone else coming in to wake you up.

#3. Consider doing your own laundry. Yes, the sheets are going to smell after a while. That's unavoidable, especially since you've started puberty (and sleeping with some sort of clothing on isn't going to change that, no matter how much your parents might wish otherwise). But if you do your own laundry (and it's really not that hard to learn how - I have, and if I can learn, everybody else can, too!), then your parents are really in no position to complain about how your bed sheets smell, since they have no reason to be near enough to them to know (much less care about) how they smell.
  • Durango wrote:

Well, all I can say is do the following:

#1. Talk to your parents about what happened, and how thy shouldn't just barge in unless they want to run the risk of seeing certain things that they might not want to see (you could be wide awake and out of bed, but still naked, for example).

#2. Get an alarm of some sort (alarm clock, app on your phone, etc.) to wake you up, so you don't have to worry about having to have someone else coming in to wake you up.

#3. Consider doing your own laundry. Yes, the sheets are going to smell after a while. That's unavoidable, especially since you've started puberty (and sleeping with some sort of clothing on isn't going to change that, no matter how much your parents might wish otherwise). But if you do your own laundry (and it's really not that hard to learn how - I have, and if I can learn, everybody else can, too!), then your parents are really in no position to complain about how your bed sheets smell, since they have no reason to be near enough to them to know (much less care about) how they ssmell
    I agree with Durango on this, sit down and come to some sort of agreement on privacy and boundaries
  • Durango wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Wow, they're totally overreacting. Maybe it'll teach them not to just barge in and pull off your blanket.

Aspen wrote:

That sucks
    Tell them they’re perverts for trying to see what you were wearing under the covers
    From what I understand, the covers were already off when the parents walked in.
    Ah, yes. I read it again, and I can see that now. Whoops! They're still overreacting though, and should at least have knocked before they came in.
    Keyboard not found. Press F1 for help.
  • I sleep naked all the time (obviously, not in the winter, though) and my dad could care less. He knows I'm not walking around like that. Not sure why the sheets would smell like "smelly butt"; even my undies don't stink after wearing two days in a row.

I guess puberty is diff for everyone, but the only part of my body that reeks is the armpits. Thank God for Speed Stick.
    Isn't Summer over yet? :/
  • Pultost wrote:

Durango wrote:

Pultost wrote:

Wow, they're totally overreacting. Maybe it'll teach them not to just barge in and pull off your blanket.

Aspen wrote:

That sucks
    Tell them they’re perverts for trying to see what you were wearing under the covers
    From what I understand, the covers were already off when the parents walked in.
    Ah, yes. I read it again, and I can see that now. Whoops! They're still overreacting though, and should at least have knocked before they came in.

That the parents should knock before entering is what most people here seem to think, judging by some of the responses.

ScottFremont wrote:

I sleep naked all the time (obviously, not in the winter, though) and my dad could care less. He knows I'm not walking around like that. Not sure why the sheets would smell like "smelly butt"; even my undies don't stink after wearing two days in a row.

I guess puberty is diff for everyone, but the only part of my body that reeks is the armpits. Thank God for Speed Stick.
    Yeah, I think the parents just whipped that out so that they could justify their complaining (since, after all, unless they make a habit of going around smelling naked butts how, exactly, do they know what "naked butt" smells like?).
  • Durango wrote:

That the parents should knock before entering is what most people here seem to think, judging by some of the responses.
    Of course. I mean, if kids are supposed to learn that they should knock before entering closed doors, then parents should return the gesture. In the end it will be a win-win situation. The kid won't feel the need to sink through the floor, and the parents won't see something they wish they didn't.
    Keyboard not found. Press F1 for help.
  • Pultost wrote:

Durango wrote:

Of course. I mean, if kids are supposed to learn that they should knock before entering closed doors, then parents should return the gesture. In the end it will be a win-win situation. The kid won't feel the need to sink through the floor, and the parents won't see something they wish they didn't.
    Yeah. Of course they should knock before entering. AND wait for getting allowed to enter. That is just normal respect. If parents just open the door and barge in, it's the same as saying "You have no right to private life". And then it's hard for a kid to respect them back.
    So if parents just walk in with no warning, they should also be ready to accept, what they might see. Any other behavior would be due to a clouded judgement.
    "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe