My relationship with TH

• My relationship with TH

So it seems like many of the threads here are designed to add to member numbers (point's, post's etc) and not necessarily to deal with real teen issues. For instance, who cares what the last thing you did with your significant other was? Does anyone actually read those? Or drop a letter and change a word, or whatever it is?
      So I have 2 questions.
      1.) I am 20, so please tell me that I'm an old cranky guy and that I have aged out of TH.
      2.) Does anyone have any suggestions for improving this forum's experience or is it going the way of VT?
      Just curious.
    • I think the games are a fun way to relax, and share some fun time with friends (and maybe meeting new friends) on the site. If you don't want to read them you don't have to

The problem is more nearly every other thread is someone trying to get some sexual information outta people.

I'd love to give advice to someone genuinely having a problem (and there are some occasionally) but usually that requires someone new to the site (and I've found out how many new users are fake ;( )

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Honestly, the game topics are good for some people (like me) to post without stress or anxiety. Yes, they are mindless but I think that's the point. They do help people in their own way

Not everyone cares about their "numbers" tbh....thats pretty shallow, but thats just my own opinion

Saying that the forum is "going the way of VT" isn't a bad thing to a lot of people. When VT shut down, and a lot of the members came here....this forum needed a LOT of cleaning up. I guess it's a matter of perspective. Yes, it does look a lot more like VT now....but I'd rather have the games and silliness than the nude pics and obvious adult members (who didn't even try to hide it) outright acting as predators

I dont think you're too old at 20. If that was the case, then a good handful of active members would probably get shoved out the door....but then, the way things seem to be, we'd all make duplicate accounts and pretend that we were "13 year old nudists with stock model bikini pics who have done anal 3 dozen times because we are virgins....and we all magically know tons about world politics, religion, finance, etc.."
    • I agree with Jade. The games are a way to relax. I use them to entertain myself and get away from things.

I know there are people dealing with real issues about their physical and mental growth as well as their self-identity. But sometimes it's hard to pick out the people who are here just to "get off" and those who are genuine. I try to help where I can, but I don't want to feed the trolls either. It's tough.

Also redirected to Chit-Chat, fits better here

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

R.I.P. VT
      2004 - 2021

For questions/comments/concerns please DM here or contact:
      [email protected]
    • SouthernDude wrote:

I agree with Jade. The games are a way to relax. I use them to entertain myself and get away from things.

I know there are people dealing with real issues about their physical and mental growth as well as their self-identity. But sometimes it's hard to pick out the people who are here just to "get off" and those who are genuine. I try to help where I can, but I don't want to feed the trolls either. It's tough.

I think you may have shut the discussion down when you moved it. Just my humble opinion but can you move it back to relationships?
    • Mick01 wrote:

SouthernDude wrote:

I agree with Jade. The games are a way to relax. I use them to entertain myself and get away from things.

I think you may have shut the discussion down when you moved it. Just my humble opinion but can you move it back to relationships?
      Yeah that's fine

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

R.I.P. VT
      2004 - 2021

For questions/comments/concerns please DM here or contact:
      [email protected]
    • although I do post in the games section sometimes, if I were in charge I would delete that section immediately. It's really pointless.
      Every day I check in here and there are 50 plus new posts in the games section and few elsewhere.
      You have to wade through countless stupid games posts to try and find anything that isn't games.
      It's nice that a lot of fakes have been eliminated but now the site is basically 10 people that post over and over to each other and anyone not in that clique is regarded as questionable and is harrassed.
    • Ashley2004 wrote:

Every day I check in here and there are 50 plus new posts in the games section and few elsewhere.
      if you don't want to see the games section you can hide it by clicking on the eye with the line through it on the main page. And unticking sections you don't want to see

Alternatively if you still want to see them and occasionally participate, just go to the games section, click the tick, and it will mark them all as read

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • HannahW wrote:

I like the games, they’re fun, and I find them a good way of interacting with people. I don’t even look at my post count to be honest. If anyone has genuine questions or problems they need help with, it always feels like there are plenty of people wiling to help.
      I agree with you 100%
      Live for today
    • Well, as some have pointed out, games are fun. There's nothing wrong with people of any age playing games. I play games, as does my 13 year old brother, and my parents and my grandparents. I understand the importance of being able to talk about important and serious issues and to get advice from others who just might have dealt with that problem themselves, but at the same time this would be a pretty dull place if that's all we talked about. This is a crazy world we live in, and sometimes the best way to help out each other is to talk about silly and whimsical stuff that takes our minds off of the craziness and the stress. (And as has been pointed out, you are certainly under no obligation whatsoever to pay any attention to those forums if you do not wish to do so.)

BJade wrote:

The problem is more nearly every other thread is someone trying to get some sexual information outta people.

Now, personally I don't mind talking about sex stuff. (The lasts thing my boyfriend and I did? Well, sometimes it's that we had sex. I don't think that's anything for me to be ashamed of.) Maybe it's because I'm a typical teenage guy. *shrugs* But at the same time I do realize that not everyone does and that there are also concerns that allowing things to go beyond a certain point could start being problematic, and in more ways that just making a few people uncomfortable (just to grab one of Cayce's examples, it might encourage people who are well into adulthood to come here and try to take advantage of kids by trying to pretend to be kids themselves).