I vs. We

• when you’re in a relationship, do you find yourself saying we instead of i when say, answering a question or saying what you like or dislike? Do you find it annoying when other couples do this? Do you think couples who always say “we” are a stronger couple?

I can see both sides to it, but honestly it’s annoying to me. Like once they’re on a relationship their individuality is gone out the window. Sometimes I think I’m a bad person for feeling that way. How do you all feel?
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
    • You're not a bad person for feeling that way. I kinda feel the same way. I won't let anyone else take away my individual opinions or my right to express them. No, you and your partner do not need to agree on everything to be in a healthy relationship. It's perfectly OK to have "we" apply to some things....but as a majority I've always preferred to speak for myself <3
    • Chris and Cayce, that’s how I see it too. I don’t let anyone take away my individuality. My opinions are my own and I’d feel strange answering for someone else. I can understand couples using “we” in certain situations, but sometimes it comes off as too clingy, like one can’t survive without the other because they share a brain
      I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you
      I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
    • I say "I", cause my boyfriend is strong enough to speak for himself. If I'm entirely sure he likes something too, I'm confident in my statement "We like..."
      I just don't like speaking for anyone else, and I feel like those couples saying "we" all the time is lacking individuality. So I completely agree :)
      "Comedy is like sex. If they haven't made a noise in a while, change what you're doing" - Sara Pascoe