My friend needs help.

• My friend needs help.

This is my first post.. My friend (we'll call her k) really need help atm. K is 14. K has been struggling with alcohol and nicotine for a long time. She finally wants to stop but can't and dosent know how. She has no hope. She needs em to help I think but idk how. Any ideas on how I could help her? Or things o could tell her? Thank you all.
    • Are you at school with her? I guess maybe it's the school holidays where you are. If you are at school ask her to talk to her class teacher. Or maybe a school nurse if you have one. If you are not at school I think you can ask if she will go to see her doctor. You could even go with her, and maybe sit outside, just to give her support. It's really good that you are wanting to help and I think the best way is for you to support her to get to see a doctor nurse or teacher who can help her even better.
    • We're not in school rn and her parents refuse to take her anywhere. My parents don't approve me being friends with her so I can't go anywhere with her. Her family's very toxic and make her want to genuinely kill herself all the time. I really want her to come live with me but ik that would never be a possibility. Thank you for the advice tho. I'm thinking of mabye earning money from my parents to buy her a subscription to something like better help. Thank you for the advice tho.
    • Are there any help lines or charity she can call?

She could probably get a phone appointment, to talk to a doctor who could help. Or there are helplines she could call for addictions, and ones for children/young adults in need of help

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • Makayla0219 wrote:

I did tell her a helpline to call if she wanted to and she said okay.
      Have you checked back with her if she called? Maybe you can offer to be in the room with her when she calls, just at the start of the conversation, then you could leave when she wants to say anything private, because it might be difficult to just start the phone conversation.