ChatGPT

• The company OpenAI has released its newest AI learning device, ChatGPT. It aims to make AI more humanlike in conversation and push the limits of what AI text generation can achieve. It can write fully-fledged poems, essays, as well as translate texts from one language to another.

If you would like to try it yourself, you do need to sign up on OpenAI's website. And feel free to share your generations here. Here is a poem I generated about an Oreo addiction...

The chocolate cookie crunches
      As I take my first bite
      The creamy filling melts
      In the dark of night

I try to resist
      But the craving is strong
      I open another package
      And before long

I'm consumed by the darkness
      Of my oreo addiction
      I cannot escape
      The cookie's sedition

It calls to me
      In the silence of the night
      Tempting me to give in
      To my oreo plight

But I know I must resist
      For the sake of my health
      I must break free
      From this delicious wealth

So I muster all my strength
      And I turn away
      Leaving the oreos
      For another day

For now, I am strong
      But I know I will fall
      Into the sweet embrace
      Of the oreo wall.

"We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun." - Winnie the Pooh

R.I.P. VT
      2004 - 2021

For questions/comments/concerns please DM here or contact:
      [email protected]
    • New

Ai doesn't scare me because I see it as a tool for fun in the context of a hobby only. If I were to use it, it would be purely for fun. For serious things, I prefer to use my brain because an ai generator is impersonal when it comes to writing. Or so I think. A writing style reflects a very distinct personality and a writing ai will write the way it's been programmed to write, even if it does it well. That's my opinion, of course. That doesn't stop me liking the text that's been generated, I think it's funny.
    • New

Artificial intelligence (AI) is a tool created by humans, so its inherent danger depends on how it's designed, implemented, and used. Here are a few key points:

1. **Intention and Application**: AI can be used for various purposes, ranging from improving healthcare and optimizing logistics to enhancing cybersecurity and assisting in scientific research. However, if AI is designed with malicious intent or used irresponsibly, it can pose significant dangers. For example, AI algorithms could be used to manipulate public opinion, automate cyberattacks, or discriminate against certain groups of people.

2. **Bias and Fairness**: One major concern with AI is the potential for bias. AI systems learn from data, and if that data is biased or flawed, the AI can perpetuate or even exacerbate existing biases. This can lead to unfair decisions in areas like hiring, lending, and criminal justice.

3. **Security and Privacy**: As AI becomes more pervasive, there are increased concerns about security and privacy. Malicious actors could exploit vulnerabilities in AI systems to steal sensitive information or disrupt critical infrastructure. Additionally, the use of AI in surveillance technologies raises ethical questions about privacy and civil liberties.

4. **Autonomy and Control**: Another area of concern is the increasing autonomy of AI systems. As AI becomes more advanced, there's the potential for systems to make decisions without human intervention. This raises questions about accountability and control, particularly in high-stakes domains like autonomous vehicles and military applications.

5. **Regulation and Governance**: To mitigate these risks, there's a need for robust regulation and governance of AI technologies. This includes ensuring transparency and accountability in AI development, addressing bias and fairness concerns, establishing standards for security and privacy, and defining ethical guidelines for AI research and deployment.

Overall, while AI has the potential to bring significant benefits to society, it's essential to approach its development and deployment with caution and responsibility to minimize potential dangers.

:lol: Thanks for being so reassuring to me :/ (that was written by ChatGPT)

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."