Nudity around sibs/family

• AB/CD wrote:

Anyone that has a sib, are you ok being openly nude around them. My brother and I see each other everyday but our cousin will be here with us the whole week. Wonder how we should act.
    Obviously it is always ok to be naked around same sex siblings. As a courtesy, you can ask your cousin about his comfort level with nudity. None of my boy cousins are shy about being naked.
  • pahern0317 wrote:

AB/CD wrote:

Anyone that has a sib, are you ok being openly nude around them. My brother and I see each other everyday but our cousin will be here with us the whole week. Wonder how we should act.
    Obviously it is always ok to be naked around same sex siblings. As a courtesy, you can ask your cousin about his comfort level with nudity. None of my boy cousins are shy about being naked.
    I don't think it's obvious that it's always ok to be naked around same sex siblings. Not always at least, nor obviously. I think every family is different. I would agree that brothers seeing brothers naked shouldn't be shameful nor should sisters seeing sisters naked. But that's not always the case. To be fair, I don't have a brother. But there was 6-12 months early on in puberty that I didn't want anyone to see me naked if I could avoid it (which I couldn't). But nowadays I'm fine with my sisters seeing me naked and vice versa so I'm pretty sure I'd be fine with a brother seeing me naked but can't say for sure since I don't have one.

But to answer the OP, if you're cousin is coming to visit for a week I would imagine that the amount of time you, your brother, and your cousin are nude together should be nude together to be well under 15 minutes for the whole entire week. Any more than that and you really need to tell him ahead of time that you're part time nudists lol. There's just no need to be naked with people who aren't expecting to be with or see nude people regardless of relationship or gender.
  • Well, my brothers and I don't mind being naked in front of each other, and I have been naked around male cousins a few times in my life as well. But as others have said, everyone's different, so it depends on how your cousin feels about it. If you and your brother and said cousin have been naked in front of before, then...well, you pretty much have your answer right there. But if not (and I'm getting the feeling that you haven't) then what you do is mention to your cousin that it is all right with you if all of you change in front of each other, and if he doesn't want to, then you will be more than happy to give him the privacy to change alone.