Puberty with Nudity

• This definitely depends on how you feel about nudity, how you were raised, and the culture surrounding you.

But if you start showering in a locker room before you're in puberty, you'll probably take it better compared to being forced to start in 8th grade, when you might be super insecure about... everything.
      19, Twin.
    • Jake445 wrote:

This definitely depends on how you feel about nudity, how you were raised, and the culture surrounding you.

But if you start showering in a locker room before you're in puberty, you'll probably take it better compared to being forced to start in 8th grade, when you might be super insecure about... everything.
      I agree with ya Jake, I started out showering around other boys since I was 5 when I started taking swimming lessons at the local athletic club.
    • collin13 wrote:

Agreed that you get used to it quickly and the bottom line is that most of us are nervous or apprehensive about it at first. Just go in and go about your business of washing up and it won't be a problem. I'm gay and would think that I'd be aroused in there, but that's not the case at all.
      I only get aroused if a cute comes in but all the boys look normal. Also we are kinda quick like 6 min basically. Don't have much time.
    • pahern0317 wrote:

leesha wrote:

No one should have to see you naked at any stage
      A lot depends on the school you attend. Most boys' p.e classes involve nudity in changing and showering. I have no idea if the same for girls classes.
      They still should have the option of not being naked around others if they aren’t comfortable with it
    • leesha wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

leesha wrote:

A lot depends on the school you attend. Most boys' p.e classes involve nudity in changing and showering. I have no idea if the same for girls classes.
      They still should have the option of not being naked around others if they aren’t comfortable with it
      Usually not an option for boys. It's usually get over it you have the same thing.
    • Shea Alex wrote:

leesha wrote:

pahern0317 wrote:

leesha wrote:

Usually not an option for boys. It's usually get over it you have the same thing.
      not sure if it's just a thing where I went to school or in the UK. But other than the exception of changing when swimming, me or my brother never took our underwear off in changing rooms. And if you did, you'd probably get teased "why are you doing that"

Getting naked just seems a completely different scenario than anyone I know has ever experienced

Good Friend :play: Kinda Romantic :love: Ready to Rock :zomg:

"If you try to follow fashion you'll always be chasing, and probably never catch it. If you be yourself and make your own style, fashion might just bump into you one day."
    • leesha wrote:

Well, let's put it in a different point of view.
      50-100 years ago nudity was very common for boys even during puberty swimming at lakes and rivers.
      It wasn't that sexual before the 60ies. Today we claim sexual freedom but are sexualising nudity and going for more and more privacy.

I don't get it why we can just accept that we are all the same and look the same when we are nude.
    • timmim1414 wrote:

leesha wrote:

Well, let's put it in a different point of view. 50-100 years ago nudity was very common for boys even during puberty swimming at lakes and rivers.
      It wasn't that sexual before the 60ies. Today we claim sexual freedom but are sexualising nudity and going for more and more privacy.

I don't get it why we can just accept that we are all the same and look the same when we are nude.
      Don’t you think the right to privacy around your own body today is more important than what people did 50-100 years ago?
      They also didn’t let black people vote back then, I think we don’t need to accept the old ways as the best ways
    • leesha wrote:

I feel like it's mostly not a thing because having a little 'pod' with a shower and space to dry off and change is expensive for schools. I went to a pretty nice, modern-ish one and we still had the classic open shower room of 100 years ago.

I know some school have things like that, but mostly you either have to get over it or never change your underwear. Neither is an option if you want to, or have to, swim.
      19, Twin.
    • leesha wrote:

Don’t you think the right to privacy around your own body today is more important than what people die 50-100 years ago?
      Nope. I don't know why you think privacy is a right.
      Just because you live in a rich country and it appears to a right to you, do not talk about many countries in South America and Africa where the would love to have gangstyle showers.
      To me it's more a cultural thing, that we loose contact to our real self.
      We like to post on social media and look greater than we are. Because some people keep influencing us on how we should look like.
      And this is one of the issues why we are ashamed in the lockerroom, because other people look better, are more ripped, have a bigger...

I see it more as a challenge we have to face ourdays to be real again without two pictures taken.

Besides that, if we think in sustainibility terms, easy to clean showers are easier to built too and we do not waste time, money, energy to build and maintain small cubicles.
    • timmim1414 wrote:

leesha wrote:

Don’t you think the right to privacy around your own body today is more important than what people die 50-100 years ago?
      Nope. I don't know why you think privacy is a right. Just because you live in a rich country and it appears to a right to you, do not talk about many countries in South America and Africa where the would love to have gangstyle showers.
      To me it's more a cultural thing, that we loose contact to our real self.
      We like to post on social media and look greater than we are. Because some people keep influencing us on how we should look like.
      And this is one of the issues why we are ashamed in the lockerroom, because other people look better, are more ripped, have a bigger...

I see it more as a challenge we have to face ourdays to be real again without two pictures taken.

Besides that, if we think in sustainibility terms, easy to clean showers are easier to built too and we do not waste time, money, energy to build and maintain small cubicles.
      no that’s creepy sorry
      No one should have to get naked around anyone if they don’t want to

don’t blame cultural differences on people not expecting the right to privacy with their own body