*My Prince*

• *My Prince*

My Prince.

Chapter One: The Start.

Kayla stretched her arms. She yawned. Four more pages to go. She put her cup of coffee on her desk and sighed. Her laptop was still on. Her screensaver showed a beating heart, with the lines: “Say you’ll share with me, one love, one lifetime. Say the word and I will follow you.” Those lines were from her favorite musical “The Phantom of the Opera”. Kayla had always been different from her friends. When they listened to “The Backstreet Boys” or “N*SYNC”, she listened to opera and classical music. All of her friends always said: “Kayla, why do you listen to this garbage? The Backstreet Boys are so much better!” Then Kayla would respond: “At least I’m not afraid to show who I really am. At least I’m not the one who’s hiding behind a poster of five boys who sing about crushing on girls.” That’s what al her friends admired about her. She was never afraid of what anyone would think of her. She thought she inherited that from her parents. They were both circus people. Acrobats. Kayla used to sit on the sidelines and watch how her father threw her mother up in the air, and then he’d catch her with her feet. Once she asked: “Mom, why do you let daddy throw you up, and catch you with his feet. Aren’t you scared?” Her mom responded: “Well, a little. But you know, you can only these tricks with someone you trust. And who else would I trust, but your father?”
      Kayla came back from her memories, and sat up straight. She moaned. What is this good for anyway? she thought. “Oh, right. When your professor writes a book, it’s always required for his class.” she said to herself. She sighed and stood up. She walked to the “living room.” As her roommate Sandra called it. Kayla turned on the lights. “Hey!” she heard a voice coming from the couch. “Marty?” Kayla said. “Yeah. Go easy on the light, would you?” he said annoyed. “What did I tell you about falling a sleep in front of a tv that’s still on?” Kayla said more annoyed. “Don’t do it.” Marty answered. Kayla shook her head. She walked to the “kitchen”. She opened the fridge and got out a can of soda. “Are you finished with professor Fannell’s book?” Marty asked. “Almost, I still have to read four pages. Are you finished?” she asked. “No, one more chapter.” Marty said. “Marty, the last chapter has sixteen pages. How are you going to finish it tonight?” Kayla asked. “Relax. I got it under control.” Marty said laid-back. “I don’t even want to know. Goodnight Marty.” Marty waved faintly as Kayla returned to her room. She closed the door and popped the can open. She picked up Fannell’s book and lay down on her bed. She put the can on top of her nightstand. “Okay, four more pages.” she said to herself, and finished the book.

So, what do y'all think?  :)
      [CENTER][br][br][size=1]*Luv Mii DivaS: KeLly, JOsanne, PegGy*[br]*Luv Mii DivoS: AbeL, KaY, RiCk*[/size][/CENTER]
    • *My Prince*

OKay, here it is....

Chapter Two: A Great Offer.

Kayla woke up. She looked at her clock. The red digital numbers said: 8.00 am. Kayla yawned and got out of bed. She put on her slippers and went for breakfast. When Kayla entered the living room she already saw Marty and Sandra. “Good morning Kay!” Sandra said. “Good morning Sandra.” Kayla replied. “Marty?” she said when she noticed him. Marty almost had his face in his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. “Did you finish the book?” she asked. Marty was too tired to speak, so he did a “thumb-up”. “What time did you go to sleep?” Kayla asked him while she sat down on a chair next to the table. Marty stuck four fingers in the air. “4 in the morning?” Kayla said shocked. Marty nodded. Kayla shook her head. “Coffee?” Sandra asked Kayla. “Yes, please.” Kayla said. “Thank you.” Kayla said when Sandra handed her her coffee. Kayla drank her coffee. When her mug was empty, she said: “I have to get ready.” “But classes don’t start until 9.45.” Sandra said. “I know. But Chilton wanted to speak to me.” Kayla responded. “The head? What have you been doing?” Sandra said mockingly. “I think I’ll find that out in a half hour.”
      Kayla knocked on a wooden door. “Yes?” a voice from inside said. Kayla opened the door and entered the office of the head master. “Ah, miss Young. Please, come in, come in.” head master Chilton said. Kayla came in and closed the door. She sat down on a chair next to Chilton’s desk. Chilton was a nice man. He’d practically gone bald and he had a white beard and moustache. He kind of looked like Santa Claus. But the beard was shorter. ‘Well, miss Young. Do you know why I asked you to come here?” Chilton asked. Kayla shook her head. “No, sir.” she said. “Your grades.” Chilton said. “What about them?” Kayla asked worried. “Don’t worry, it’s nothing bad. Your grades, they’re excellent. More than excellent, actually.” Chilton said. Kayla felt relieved. “Have you ever heard of Cadigo?” Chilton asked. Kayla nodded. “Cadigo is a little unknown nation, well, kingdom actually, in the south of France. People who’ve heard of Cadigo think that the country is French. But they’re actually English, because they used to be an English colony. But they’re officially not an English possession anymore since 1874.” Kayla said. “Very good Kayla. Have you heard of their university?” Chilton asked. “Of course. The College of Cadigo. It’s one of the most brilliant universities in Europe. It’s it’s actually a shame that so little people know this country, and…” Kayla stopped as she realized something. “Oh no. No, do you mean… No, impossible!” she said. “Yet it is.” Chilton said. “The College of Cadigo is very selective about the students. I’m not that good.” Kayla said shocked. “Well, I should tell you, I had a chat with their head master. I showed him your grades and all the papers you wrote. He was very fascinated about your paper on Leonardo Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa. So, he said that he would love to have a student like you in his college. Kayla froze up. She was in complete shock. She couldn’t believe it. Me? They want me? she thought. “Miss Young? Miss Young? Kayla?” Chilton said. Kayla came back from her thoughts. “Will you accept the offer? I must tell you, it doesn’t happen that often to students to be asked for this college. And remember, at this college you can learn more about the history of art and symbolic. You can’t get a greater offer than this!” Chilton said. Kayla nodded. “I’ll think about it.” she said. Kayla stood up and shook Chilton’s hand. “Good day, sir.” she said and left Chilton’s Office.
      [CENTER][br][br][size=1]*Luv Mii DivaS: KeLly, JOsanne, PegGy*[br]*Luv Mii DivoS: AbeL, KaY, RiCk*[/size][/CENTER]
    • *My Prince*

Okay, okay... I got Chapter 3:

Chapter 3: Kayla’s Decision.

“Are you going to do it?” Sandra asked Kayla. “I don’t know. I mean, Cadigo sounds great, but I don’t know if I’m good enough.” Kayla said, while her fingers played with a pen. “I fink you foud doof-it.” Marty said with his mouth full of pizza. “What?” Kayla said. Marty swallowed his pizza. “I think you should do it. Cadigo can take you places Cambridge can’t. If you’ll take this offer, you can go far!” Marty said. “I know, but I don’t want to leave everything behind. You guys and my parents. You know I need you.” Kayla said. “Kaylsie, we’ll always be with you. We’re your best friends. And you know, we can always talk on the phone, chat and mail.” Sandra said. “I know, but it’s not the same. I want you guys with me. You guys are my bestest friends in the whole, wide world!” Kayla said. She felt tears coming up. “Don’t cry. You’re going to make me cry too.” Marty said with watery eyes. “I love you guys!” Kayla said. “We love you too!” Marty said. “Group hug!” Sandra shouted. Sandra and Marty wrapped their arms around Kayla. Kayla hugged them.

“Young residence. Who is this?” Kayla heard on the other line. “Hi, mom. It’s Kayla.” Kayla said. “Kayla? Oh my God. Honey, how are you?” her mom said happily. “I’m great, mom. How’s dad doing?” Kayla asked. “Your father is just fine.” her mother said. “Is that Kaylsie?” Kayla heard her dad asking in the background. “Yes, dear.” her mother said. “Give me the phone.” her dad said. “No, no, I’m still talking to her.” her mother said. “Laura, give me the phone!” her dad said. “Danny, please. Okay, okay. Hold on, hold on. I’ll put her on speakerphone.” Kayla’s mom said. Kayla heard a few beeps and then she heard her mother saying: “Your on speakerphone, dear. Now your father and I can both hear you.” “Okay.” Kayla said. “Hi dad!” “Hi Kaylsie. How are you angelface?” her father asked. “I’m fine dad. How are you?” Kayla asked. “I’m just fine. Tell me, what’s the cause of this phonecall?” her father asked. “Well, I… I spoke to the head master here.” Kayla said. “Oh dear, you’re not in trouble, are you?” her mom asked worried. “Oh, no. Not at all. It’s just that, he… And I…” Kayla stumbled. “Honey, if you want us to follow your story, you’d better make it understandable.” her father said. “Right, well, I’ve been offered to enter the College of Cadigo,” Kayla said, “and I said yes to their offer.” – Silence. – “Please say something.” Kayla said. “Cadigo? One of the best universities in Europe? I have tried for years to get myself in there, but I never succeeded.” her father said. “And you have! This is wonderful news! Congratulations Kaylsie!”  her father said enthusiastic.“ “Oh, honey! I’m so happy for you!” her mom said happily. Kayla heard her mom crying. “Mom, are you crying?” Kayla asked. “I’m just, just, so… hap- happy!” Kayla’s mom sobbed. “We’re very happy for you Kayla. When are you leaving?” Kayla’s father asked. “Well, tonight, actually,” Kayla said, “that’s why I’m standing in your front porch.” “What? You’re here?” Kayla’s mother shouted. She ran to the front door and opened it. “Kayla! Oh, dear!” Laura wrapped her arms around her daughter. “Mom, I can’t, can’t breathe!” Kayla said.
    • *My Prince*

Chapter 4: The College of Cadigo.

“Okay, it’s time.” Kayla said. “Goodbye headmaster Chilton.” Kayla said, and she shook his hand. “Goodbye, Kayla. Good luck in Cadigo.” Kayla walked to her parents and hugged them. “Bye, mom. Bye dad.” she said. “Bye, honey.” They both said. “Bye, guys.” Kayla hugged Sandra and Marty. They both started to burst out in tears. “I’ll miss you guys.” Kayla said. “We’ll miss you too!” Sandra and Marty sobbed. After Sandra and Marty let Kayla go, she turned around, grabbed her bag, and walked towards the airplane. The head of the College of Cadigo insisted on picking Kayla up with their private jet. As Kayla went aboard, her parents, Marty, Sandra and Chilton waved. And Kayla felt tears coming up. When the door closed, she immediately stood in front of a window to catch a glimpse of her “supporters” as the pilot started the engines of the aircraft. “Please fasten your seatbelts, as we will soon take-off.” The pilot’s voice said. Kayla sat down in a chair and fastened her seatbelt. She quickly waved to everyone as the aircraft began to take-off. Here we go, she thought. Off to Cadigo.

“We will soon be arriving in Cadigo. Please fasten your seatbelt, and prepare for the landing.” Kayla went back to her seat, and sat down, while she fastened her seatbelt. When she looked out of the window, she could already see a bit of the college. She smiled. She felt her heart racing, as the plane began to land. Kayla remained in her seat, until the pilot came out of the cock-pit. “We’re here. You can get up now.” He said friendly. Kayla nodded, unlocked her seatbelt and got up. She grabbed her bag and followed the pilot outside. When Kayla got outside, she had to put her hand in front of her eyes, because the sun was blinding her. “Hello. You must be Kayla Young.” Kayla heard. She lowered her hand to see who was speaking. “Yes, that’s me. I’m Kayla Young.” she said. “I’m head master Lipton. Welcome to Cadigo.” A man in a black suit, with black shoes and black stroked back hair came to Kayla and shook her hand. He kind of reminded her of Gerard Butler in “The Phantom of the Opera”. “Hi,” she said, “thank you for the flight.” “No problem.” Lipton said friendly. “Now, can I offer you a tour around the campus?” he asked. “Yes, I would love to.” Kayla said. “Right this way.”

“And over here, is the library.” Lipton said, and opened the doors to the library. “Whoa!” Kayla was shocked. Hundreds of bookcases rose up, containing thousands of books. “Oh, my… It’s amazing!” Kayla said. “Pretty impressive, right?” Lipton said. Kayla nodded. “Now, let’s move on the dormitories.” Lipton said. Kayla turned away from the library and followed Lipton.
      Kayla followed Lipton to a door that said: A205. “This is your dorm.” Lipton said. He took a key out of his pocket and opened the door with it. The room was nicely decorated. It had cute, little flowers in pots on the window-sills and pretty curtains. The “living room” had a wooden floor with a big, red couch in the center. It had an open kitchen. A pink with red rug covered the floor in front of the couch with a small solon table on top of it. The couch faced a big, flat tv, which was hanging on the wall.
      There were four other doors. Kayla supposed that one of them was the bathroom and the three others were bedrooms. Suddenly one of the doors opened. A girl with long, brown hair came out. She wore a baby-pink t-shirt with grey sweatpants. She looked up. “Oh, hello sir. What brings you here?” she asked. “I am here to introduce to you your new roommate. This is Kayla Young. Kayla, this is Gabrielle Salnz.” Lipton said. “Just call me Gaby.” Gaby said. “Hi.” Kayla said. “Hi, welcome to Cadigo.” Gaby said. “I’ll leave you girls to chat then.” Lipton waved and left the room. “So, where are you from?” Gaby asked. “Born and raised in the UK.” Kayla said. “Oh, cool. I’ve never been anywhere else but Cadigo.” Gaby said. “Is that all you have?” Gaby pointed at her bag. “Oh no, there’s more. They’re still unloading it from the plane.” Kayla said. “Oh, okay.” Gaby said. “Do you want something to drink or eat?” she asked. “Oh, no. I’m fine.” Kayla said. “Okay, well, I’ll show you your room.” Gaby walked to one of the doors, next to the door with pink letters that said: GABY’S ROOM!! Gaby opened the door. The room was empty. There was only a bed with mattress and a wooden closet. The room wasn’t really big and not very small either. It was just the right size. “Wow, it’s great.” Kayla said. “Glad you like it.” Gaby said. Suddenly they heard a knock on the door. They both turned around. “We got some boxes with… stuff.” The man said. “Oh, yes. Right this way, please.” Kayla said.

“That’s the last one.” One of the mover put the last box down. “Okay, thank you so much for your help.” Kayla said. “No problem.” The man left the room. Gaby looked around. “That’s a lot of boxes.” she said. Kayla nodded. “I know.” She sighed.