The First Date

• The First Date

Heya everyone,

It's been a while since I posted on here, and there have been a few major changes in my love life. Put it this way, about 1 month ago my Ex-Gf broke my heart, and was a bitch about it, so I got over her pretty quickly (Just so those of you who know me aren't confused).

Onwards then to the matter. There's this girl in my school called Imogen, who I have 2 classes with. One class I have with her I sit opposite her on a table.

Well, when my Ex and I split up for the first time, I liked Imo then, and tbh I like her again now - but a lot more. I was working up the courage to ask her out on a date indirectly (today would've been good, but she's away atm).

When I'm with her, we seem to end up smiling at each other a lot, not particularly talking or anything, just smiling, so basically, on monday (?) we had the following text conversation. Please bear in mind I spent hours trying to phrase the text in the correct way.

TEXT (From Me @ 10AM) wrote:

Morning hun, hope you had a nice sleep? Dad's making me start revision... yeah, already - It's depressing lol. I could really do with a break tbh... Fancy seeing a film sometime? There are a few good ones out atm, and it would be nice to grab a chance to get to know you more too :) Sound good? Tb Ly xXx

When I didn't get a text back 11 hours later, I was a bit worried, and I made the risky (but successful) manouver of texting her a second time.

TEXT (From Me @ 9:00PM) wrote:

Heya my lil bunny rabbit (respect hah!) it's me again! Just saying, I only intended that text earlier in a friendly way, in case you got the wrong impression (Just a though, because you haven't text'd back -cries- lol) Personally I wanna see step up 2! Tb Ly xXx

This time I got a text back thankfully, which was better than I could've hoped for.

TEXT (From Her @ 9:10PM) wrote:

Heya yeah, sorry I didn't text back my phone ran out of charge! Seeing a film would be good! xXx

TEXT (From Me @ 9:20PM) wrote:

Wicked, that'd be awesome! Any particular day that would be best for you? Tb Ly xXx

TEXT (From Her @ 9:30PM) wrote:

Umm maybe Sat because I'm in Dorset at the moment until Thursday xXx

TEXT (From Me @ 9:40PM) wrote:

Should be great, I look forward to it :D I'll check out what movies are on then. You enjoy yourself hun, I'll probably text you tomorrow. Tb Night xXx

TEXT (From Her @ 9:50PM) wrote:

KlKl haha I've not said that in a while xXx

There you have it, I am over the moon :) I did actually text her on Tuesday (?) but didn't get a reply, not that I'm bothered.

I am going to call her tomorrow, and make sure everything's ok for Saturday. I have the day planned out:

- Walk to her house at 12, and casually ask her if she'd like to go for a meal (paid for by me) after the film.
      - Get a train to another place.
      - Accidentally (lol) find out that the film doesn't start for another 2 hours, so I'll go splash some cash in the town centre on here then.
      - Watch the cheesy love film (Definitely, maybe).
      - Go for a meal, then walk her home in the moonlight ;)

Any tips guys? I've been getting "First Date" tips off friends, but I'd like some off people in neutral positions :P

Thanks,
      Shotgun (Jamie).

UPDATE: She just phoned me up and asked me if we could reschedule it for next Saturday. She's been away since the Friday that the holidays started, so she wants some time in. It's fair enough tbh, and when she phoned me she seemed like she was genuinely looking forward to it.
      The Shotgun Hitman
      - Radio Head DJ
      - Magazine Author
      - Vip Member

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shotgun-Hitman ().

• Re: The First Date

I'm quite surprised it didn't work out with your ex as you seemed to be in love, what did she do wrong?

It sounds good what you're planning to do and romantic, just make sure she doesn't have to be back at a certain time or whatever so she can't say no. When you walk her home giver her some sort of kiss whether it be just on the cheek to say thankyou or more if you feel you want to.
      Nicole = Happiest she's been in a long time:lovey:

She destroyed me, that's what :P I'm not taking that - I don't deserve it tbh.
      Yeah it's meant to be romantic - I just hope she at least considers taking it further :)

I got the night off work so I didn't have a curfew aswell, and my Sister lives round the corner from her so if I'm late I can just crash round there :P Considering I've been in a major relationship before, I'm actually exceedingly nervous. I have a lot of conversations starters planned etc.
      The Shotgun Hitman
      - Radio Head DJ
      - Magazine Author
      - Vip Member

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shotgun-Hitman ().

I don't know you but you sound really confident, so I don't think theres much point giving you the usual bog standard advice on how to be around her.

All i can say is don't rush her, take things slow and act within the mood. Hope it works out for ya man!
      [CENTER]"I don't belong here, we gotta move on dear escape from this afterlife[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]’Cause this time I'm right to move on and on, far away from here"[/CENTER]
      [CENTER]~[/CENTER]
      [CENTER][/CENTER]

Sorry yeah, my bad. I wrote it down from memory :P

Well my plan is that the date lasts for a long time, and when it's dark and we're walking back together in the moonlight I could start talking about what's up there in the skies, or something like that. Anything romantic will do me greatly I think :)

My only worry is that she's a very upper class girl, and I'm not sure if she'll end up wanting to go further with someone who's in a different friendship group :)
      Oh yeah, here's a couple of pictures of her. Not the best, but they still show how beautiful she is :)

The Shotgun Hitman
      - Radio Head DJ
      - Magazine Author
      - Vip Member

umm.. well don't plan too much. just be yourself. don't plan out too many things in advance.

personally, i think romantic lines are a bit cheesy. go with the flow and don't worry so much about planning everything out. relax. trust yourself. don't have high expectations about everything going perfectly, but don't be nervous. just be yourself and ENJOY YOURSELF. it is a date after all =).

best of luck! sorry about your girlfriend. hope this works out!

UPDATE: She just phoned me up and asked me if we could reschedule it for next Saturday. She's been away since the Friday that the holidays started, so she wants some time in. It's fair enough tbh, and when she phoned me she seemed like she was genuinely looking forward to it.

And thanks for the luck Luke :D If you're as lucky as your name suggests, I've as good as got it in the bag now :P
      The Shotgun Hitman
      - Radio Head DJ
      - Magazine Author
      - Vip Member