Me and my brother run a site and we need help...

• Me and my brother run a site and we need help...

Hello my brtoher and I run a site, sorry I cant give out link its for members of the sea cadet unit only. But I want ideas on how to improve it, It has 12 members. 2-3 of them are active. I know how to get more members, but I want to run a some competitions. These will be for all the members. I want a point scheme for this. But we only have posts we can edit. So do you think adding posts etc will make them use it more?? Then later on it will run on and they will get Mods for a week, maybe longer.

I'll copy and paste the competition I have thought of. It hasnt been sent out as I need to ask the co of the unit first.

If you see anything you think might make it more effective please tell me.

The competition which is launching today is to find someone to create a new banner for the website. It can literally be anything u want it to be, as long as it fits the 780 x 150 pixels size and IS NOT a .bmp file, preferably gif or png. We shall be accepting entries from 14th July to the 14th August. The top five shall be selected by Llanelli sea cadet staff and then put in a poll to be decided by you, the cadets. The winner will be announced at the end of the cadet poll on the winner will then be announced on the next parade night. Referees will select designs based on style, use of imagery, colour and humour.

The prize of this competition will be to have an extra 200 posts to go at our point=post competition and of course your website banner in pride of place on this site.

Rules:
      Size needs to be around 780 x 150 pxls
      Preferably a gif or png file
      Please make is as clean!!!
      To send us your design, upload your picture in this thread ......
      If you don't know how to upload your designs, look Link wont work dont use!!! Login
      Staff will select there top 5 favourites
      The cadets will then decide in a poll the eventual winner.
      You can upload as much as you want.

If you need any help on putting on pc please come up to me (A/C Jenkins) on a cadet night, and we will sort something out.

We hope you will enjoy this competition and we look forward to seeing some of your ideas. If u have any feedback feel free to post.

Thank you and good luck.

Please help me with more ideas etc.
      tsecho.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=43.0