Escaping from reality / depression

• Escaping from reality / depression

I dont know where to post this... Its not only 'bout depression...

Since i knew, I escaped from reality... I was never satisfied with my life... but i was happy... There were times when i was really sad, crying a lot, but it didnt last longer than few days, sometimes 14 days, but rarely... Mostly i was happy... In school i hanged with few friend i had, making fun all time...
      When i come home my escaping from reality begin... Movies, music, books...
      I loved this... I was someone else... One day cop, one day killer, one day doctor... I just imagine that i am the person from movie / book / video game... And i like life like that... with doing that i didnt have much time to bother with my personal problems like really really too much weight, not many friends... But then i lose lot of weight... In was in 2006... I changed a lot... First it felt good. My self esteem jumped, people were more respectfull with me... But in late 06 depression hit me, because of love... i gain some weight back, and i start to smoke again... When i look back is hard to say... i never really think about it... but i can defenetly say that during november 2006-November 2007 i had depression twice, once 1 month and once 2 months... Also lot of times i feel depressed for few days or sometimes for 14 days... except that 2 times, when i was really depressed other periods werent so hard... In november 2007 i get really depressed, and depression still isnt gone... I used weed and alcohol sometimes to escape from reality (i dont smoke weed anymore)
      I have 2 questions... Is escaping from reality whole life almost all time disorder? And why do I feel depressed so often? Is it disorder? During that year i feel happy lot of times... My mood doesnt swing much, so i dont have manic depression...
      Please help me