Pressure?

• Do you feel pressured to hsve sex, do drugs, drink, or be romantically involved? 40
        Yes, all the time and from my peers/group of friends. (10) 25%
        Yes, but not much and more from society/not from my circle of friends. (12) 30%
        No, not at all. (18) 45%
      not a paramore reference. important parts of this post are bolded. my rambling is not. kudos if you read all of this, i tend to go on. like i am now.

so, a few questions for you kids out there. answer what you're comfortable with.

do you feel pressure to have sex? are you friends doing it? have you come close or have you done it just to fit in? what about the pressure to do drugs or drink? aaaand the pressure to have a boyfriend/girlfriend? be honest folks, you are among friends~

well, i don't feel most of that. most of my friends haven't even had their first kisses yet (i am a freshman in high school, my friends are 14 and 15 years old) only the "cool" kids (the ones everyone know, lol not my circle of friends) are the ones I hear about having sex, getting drunk, getting high etc. I think it's a little sad kids are having sex and getting smashed every weekend just out of middle school, personally. after starting high school and hearing about kids doing all that, i must admit i feel pretty lame and "uncool", because i've never even held hands with anyone. lol fail

but, as for pressure, not really. i don't hang out with those kids (NOT because of their behavior, i wouldn't push someone aside because they did things i don't do), most of my friends are as boring as me so no pressure. now getting to the point of my post and past my meaningless rambling about myself.

the reason i feel insecure is because it seems like it's almost acceptable for kids to do these things nowadays, almost normal. i realize i sound like a prude right now but... is it normal where you are for younger teenagers (13, 14, 15) to be sexually active, get drunk and do drugs? and i say young teenagers because okay, at 16 i can see having sex. drinking. drugging. (though not something I would do.) you've been in high school for a few years at that age, your body is a little bit more mature, and in most common cases in a year or two you'll be out in the world. maybe even 15 too.

but right out/in of middle school? really? i don't get it. enlighten me, if you can. i don't go around preaching because people can do whatever the fuck they want, but it just baffles me because at 13 and 14, you have your whole life to do these things. why the hell are we rushing? why do you think more kids are doing this at younger ages? i can't come up with an answer.

well i hope most of that made sense. once again, props if you read all that bullshit. i'd just like some opinions and answers. also, if you're a young teenager and do the things i've talked about in my post, i don't mean to offend. i don't mean to put people down for anything they do. it's just something i don't understand, you know?
      i fell into a wishing well, so guess what i've been drinking? turns out you drove me into the crowd, so much for wishful thinking.
    • Re: Pressure?

do i feel the pressure? yes.
      will i ever let it get to me? no.

i think it's stupid and weak of people to do things just to fit in. i don't see the point in it.

i've not done drugs/sex/alcohol/cigarettes/etc. etc, although 'everyone' seems to be.

lol, i'm 18, and there are 12 year olds who have far surpassed me. it's disgusting, and i'm glad i never was and never will be a part of that.

p.s i totally started singing paramore upon seeing this thread. ;o

I don't really feel pressure to do those things. But I don't really hang out with the kind of people that do stuff like that. But there's definitely other people in my school doing in at young ages.

I totally get what you're saying about kids/teens doing things younger and younger. I can remember when I was in 7th grade, there was this one guy who asked me and my friend if we wanted to see naked picture of his girlfried that he had on his phone. We were kinda just like "uh.. no." He ended up getting suspended because of that though.

I here people saying that they're going to go to some party and get drunk or whatever. And honestly, I just don't get it. I mean, it's weird. Because these were the same people in DARE a few years ago, that were all "Ew, smoking. i would never do that." Same with drinking. I guess they just grow up and you forget about that.

and ahhh. i only read parts of it. i kinda skimmed it. i normally would read it but i can't focus long enough to atm.
      :o

The Boob Lady wrote:

do i feel the pressure? yes.
      will i ever let it get to me? no.

i think it's stupid and weak of people to do things just to fit in. i don't see the point in it.

i've not done drugs/sex/alcohol/cigarettes/etc. etc, although 'everyone' seems to be.

lol, i'm 18, and there are 12 year olds who have far surpassed me. it's disgusting, and i'm glad i never was and never will be a part of that.

p.s i totally started singing paramore upon seeing this thread. ;o
      thank youuuu! i agree with everything you said. i don't think i'll ever ~succumb~ to the pressure either but it does make me feel pretty down sometimes. lol lame.

and ugh, 12 year olds? you're still children. stop it.
      i fell into a wishing well, so guess what i've been drinking? turns out you drove me into the crowd, so much for wishful thinking.

AccidentInTime wrote:

thank youuuu! i agree with everything you said. i don't think i'll ever ~succumb~ to the pressure either but it does make me feel pretty down sometimes. lol lame.

and ugh, 12 year olds? you're still children. stop it.

it's understandable. i don't think anyone can really ignore it as much as you disagree with it. it still has a small effect on you.
      but it'll be something to be proud of in the long run. i can't imagine how most of the people i know/knew are going to feel when they actually grow up.

i know. ;/ it's so disturbing.

browneyez wrote:

I here people saying that they're going to go to some party and get drunk or whatever. And honestly, I just don't get it. I mean, it's weird. Because these were the same people in DARE a few years ago, that were all "Ew, smoking. i would never do that." Same with drinking. I guess they just grow up and you forget about that.
      yeah, i guess so. when you're young you're impressionable, and then you get older and "everyone" is doing it and forget everything you said and learned. oh, youth.

I mean, i don't see the appeal of getting drunk and crazy and making an ass of yourself every weekend at any age. i've never been drunk (lol obviously) but i can still see how it can be fun every now and then for the young adults. when i'm older, and can afford decent liquor and i have trustworthy friends, then i'll drink. it just makes me sad hearing about girls (and oh, it's mostly the girls that do it too. i wonder why?) getting drunk and embarrassing themselves, but next week its back to the same thing? ugh i don't get it and lol i'm rambling again did i make any sense just now

I am not one of those assholes who says gettin laid is what dating is all about. I myself have decided to stay a virgin either till college or until Im married to the right girl. Pressure is so damn annoying cause you see girls flaunting them selves at idiots and I hate. I respect woman as much as I respect men maybe even more. I am sixteen year old junior who believes that peer pressure is a thing that should die.thats just what I think.:mad:

P.S. I myself drink by my own decision to once and a while and i sort smoked weed once in my sophmore year.

2 things
      1. I think this was a great post. It was long, but you bolded the important shit. I hate those annoying posters who write a stupid ass novel and expect people to read it. Highlights are the key.
      2. +rep

AccidentInTime wrote:

answer what you're comfortable with.

do you feel pressure to have sex? are you friends doing it? have you come close or have you done it just to fit in? what about the pressure to do drugs or drink? aaaand the pressure to have a boyfriend/girlfriend?

I feel pressure when I dont have sex personally. I mean it's like a ticking sound in my head yelling at me..."wtf are you thinking?....go get some pun!". I hope my friends are doing it. if not, they're missing out. I dont have any pressure to do drugs or drink or have sex. I have sex b/c I enjoy it. I drink because i enjoy it. i don't do drugs b/c I dont enjoy it and it fucks up your mind/life too much

AccidentInTime wrote:

i realize i sound like a prude right now but... is it normal where you are for younger teenagers (13, 14, 15) to be sexually active, get drunk and do drugs? and i say young teenagers because okay, at 16 i can see having sex. drinking. drugging. (though not something I would do.) you've been in high school for a few years at that age, your body is a little bit more mature, and in most common cases in a year or two you'll be out in the world.

13-15 may be young for sex...depends on the person. definitely too young for drinking/drugs IMO. at 13 or even 14 some people are just finishing up puberty...and they'er already having sex? that's just nutty. don't get me wrong...if its a hot chick, i'd tap it (assuming there would be no legal repercussions)

AccidentInTime wrote:

why the hell are we rushing? why do you think more kids are doing this at younger ages? i can't come up with an answer.

sex = the fun :D

Phuck Buddy wrote:

2 things
      I feel pressure when I dont have sex personally. I mean it's like a ticking sound in my head yelling at me..."wtf are you thinking?....go get some pun!". I hope my friends are doing it. if not, they're missing out. I dont have any pressure to do drugs or drink or have sex. I have sex b/c I enjoy it. I drink because i enjoy it. i don't do drugs b/c I dont enjoy it and it fucks up your mind/life too much
      sex is great, but during your teenage years it's not for everyone. just because you might be ready, doesn't mean everyone else is and they're just "missing out".

-)ACHE(- wrote:

I am not one of those assholes who says gettin laid is what dating is all about. I myself have decided to stay a virgin either till college or until Im married to the right girl. Pressure is so damn annoying cause you see girls flaunting them selves at idiots and I hate. I respect woman as much as I respect men maybe even more. I am sixteen year old junior who believes that peer pressure is a thing that should die.thats just what I think.:mad:

P.S. I myself drink by my own decision to once and a while and i sort smoked weed once in my sophmore year.
      date me please

Used to be all the time from talking and hanging out with the wrong people, but I still wouldn't do anything with anyone. Foreplay is okay but my virginity is something I won't give away unless I love him and he loves me, and it's a serious long-term relationship which I see going somewhere. Otherwise forget it.
      No matter what the pressure, I'm not going to do it just because everyone else is doing it.

You could be my [SIZE=3]someone,[/SIZE]
      You could be my [SIZE=3]sea...[/SIZE]

I've never felt pressure to have sex or drink, but when I was a dumb 15 year old I did feel pressure to get high, so I tried smoking weed, once. I regret it. It was a one time thing and I didn't even get high, but I still wish I hadn't done it.

I'm 17 and I'm not a virgin anymore, but I didn't have sex because of pressure. After 10 months of being with my boyfriend, and 2 months before I turned 17, I had sex with him for the first time. He never once put any pressure on me to have it with him, it was something I decided on my own. I don't regret it one bit. It's been eight months since I lost my virginity, and we've now been together for a year and a half.

I haven't actually told anyone in real life that I'm not a virgin anymore, it's not any of their business. People have tried to pressure me into having sex before, be it ex boyfriends or "friends", but it never worked. Someone who was supposed to have been my best friend lost her virginity at the age of 14, she's also 17 now and has been pregnant twice. She used to tell me that I was stupid and immature for being a virgin, and as far as she knows I still am. Also, over a year ago, when I had only been with my boyfriend for 3 months she was trying to get me to have sex with him, despite the fact that it's my decision and not hers and I wasn't ready for it. Again, she told me I was stupid and immature for not having sex with him. She doesn't realize that just because she will have sex with someone after 3 weeks, hell or even before they're dating, that doesn't mean I will, or that I will after 3 months.

"No guy will ever want to have sex with you, so don't worry about that pressure."

Thank you oh so much for that -rep. :)

I'm sorry I bothered to reply to a thread.

I knew that whoever that is, wanted me to stop posting pictures/videos. But i didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to post in certain threads all of a sudden.
      :o

well i havent felt pressured to have sex at my school drinking seems to be more the thing and while i have drunk (just the once) it was out of curiosity and i did it around family and i consider myself to have been old enough to have made the decision.
      [SIZE=3]Lunatics are similar to designated hitters. Often an entire family is crazy, but since an entire family can't go into the hospital one person is designated as crazy and goes inside. - susanna kaysen :rockon: [/SIZE]