Vampire Dreams, a fanfic prologue.

• Vampire Dreams, a fanfic prologue.

Okay, here's the prologue to a fanfic that i've been working on. So far it's all that I have posted online, but I should be posting the first chapter soon. Here's the link if you're feeling generous and would like to leave a review. lol FanFiction.Net : The Vampire Dreams

Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-gi-oh. However, I do own my plot.

She had taken longer than usual to fall asleep tonight. He briefly wondered if something was bothering her, but decided that he really didn’t care. Perhaps it was just that she had become so weak.

After the bedroom light had finally flickered off, he had waited quite some time before entering the small apartment window. He waited until he could hear the sounds of her deep, rhythmic breathing calling out to him, so invitingly.

He phased through the window, appearing at her bedside. It hadn’t been long ago that he couldn’t have even done that, but her blood had made him stronger than any other fledgling. Soon, he would be powerful enough to set his plan in motion.

“No. Not fair.” He looked down at the pale beauty below him. She had a habit of talking in her sleep. Her voice was weak; it had been becoming increasingly weak ever since he had started his nightly visits. Weak enough that the people at the theater whispered of her replacement in the next show.

Anyone that they chose would very surely turn up dead.

He sat down next to her, his weight only slightly shifting the bed. He looked at her face; it showed her in a different light than when she was awake. So much more peaceful, her weakness finally leaving her alone for a few blessed hours. He pulled back her hair with his hand, revealing her long, tempting throat. Her skin glowed in the moonlight, calling to him.

He bent over slowly, so slowly, until his lips barely graced her skin. She shivered under him, causing his mouth to slowly spread into a dangerously sexy smile. Two fangs glinted in the moonlight that was reflected from the mirror.

He showered slow, deliberate kisses on her neck, moving down her neckline to the spot where her shirt opened. She moaned in her sleep. He smiled and wondered what dreams this may be calling up. Or, more specifically who was in the dreams this was calling up.

He knew that she had a secret involving him. He had found this out the first night he visited her. He smiled at the memory. What fun it had been to use against her when they saw each other at work. He loved seeing her blush. It made him absolutely ravenous.

He kept kissing her throat, up and down, until he could stand it no more. He grabbed her hair at the base of her neck, jerking her head back so that he could drink more comfortably.

He pulled back in his lips in a snarl, his fangs elongating even more than before, and slowly graced them up against her skin. She started to twitch beneath him. He sunk his teeth into her skin, taut at first, then giving way to release exquisite blood.

He drank slowly, savoring each mouthful as though her blood were a fine wine. It was all he could do not to drain her dry, killing her. It was an example of how great his control was.

After a few moments he was able to reach into her mind; it was almost as intoxicating as her blood. He waded through her thoughts, her memories; he saw the glorified version of himself that she had created. It paled in comparison to his vampiric self - his real self.

As he went through her mind he noticed that she was becoming even weaker than he had realized. She would die soon, if he kept draining her like this. However, he would not stop; her blood was making him more powerful than anyone else’s he had found, for reasons unknown to him. Besides, why should he care about a human’s life? Just because he had once been one, not so long ago? No. He would keep draining her. After all, it was for the greater good. If he could become more powerful, he had a very good chance of making his plan succeed.

When he was finally sated, he stood above her regarding her intensely. This was his key – his advantage over the rest. Perhaps, when she reached the end, he would transform her. She would make a beautiful queen.

“Anzu,” he whispered as he slowly phased out of the room.