Contraception

• Re: Contraception

YeahWhatever wrote:

People like you scare me. They live their lives only for themselves, never thinking of others. Just the way that you talk about babies like they're some kind of curse, like they aren't just as much alive as we are...it really, honestly frightens me. I'm usually the minority as someone that's against abortion, but I've still never heard anyone talk like you're talking.

Go on and continue living for yourself, not caring about others or their feelings, doing whatever makes you and you alone happy...but don't expect other people to follow your lead.

I never said i never think of others, but I definetly put myself first.
      Babies are not as alive as us obviously, I don't see them doing the shopping or helping out society.
      My social life is thriving with friends, you honestly think people are friends because of opinions alone? no, me and my friends have plenty in common but my views are not one of them and yet, they still remain friends.

So why should we care? an unborn baby is worth nothing be it money or social value, so, why do you care? they say a baby is "alive" after 24 weeks which I think is balderdash as it still cannot live on it's own vitals alone and like I have said, does not do anything we do to make it as alive as we are.

Babies are a curse to anyone who is in their teens, single or has no idea how to look after a child, because one thing sickens me more than having a child and that's child abusers.
      #1 pickup line of all time: "Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform to you?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adramlech wrote:

Babies are not as alive as us obviously, I don't see them doing the shopping or helping out society.

You forget that you were an "unhelpful" baby once. Maybe your mom should have aborted you instead of taking care of someone who - get this - doesn't even do the shopping!

Adramlech wrote:

My social life is thriving with friends, you honestly think people are friends because of opinions alone? no, me and my friends have plenty in common but my views are not one of them and yet, they still remain friends.

They must be some pretty tolerant people then. I have friends that come from a variety of backgrounds and that have a variety of beliefs. But I'm not going to lie, I could never be friends with someone so ignorant and self-centered. My friend could tell me any crazy belief that he/she had and I would be open to it as long as they made valid points and weren't just basing it on their own, selfish feelings.

Adramlech wrote:

So why should we care? an unborn baby is worth nothing be it money or social value, so, why do you care? they say a baby is "alive" after 24 weeks which I think is balderdash as it still cannot live on it's own vitals alone and like I have said, does not do anything we do to make it as alive as we are.

Based on your logic, I think we should go kill off all of the elderly, mentally retarded, and physically handicapped in our country! Whaddaya say? :D

Adramlech wrote:

Babies are a curse to anyone who is in their teens, single or has no idea how to look after a child, because one thing sickens me more than having a child and that's child abusers.

Oh, yeah. Us teenagers. We're all child abusers. Every single one of us. God forbid that someone should have a kid and consider it their greatest blessing in life. They should go get the little sucker aborted before it gets old enough to smack around.

YeahWhatever wrote:

You forget that you were an "unhelpful" baby once. Maybe your mom should have aborted you instead of taking care of someone who - get this - doesn't even do the shopping!

My mother was in a good enough atmosphere and enviroment to raise a child, for her being a house wife it wasnt a case of needing help, she enjoys children AND could raise one, unlike many.

YeahWhatever wrote:

They must be some pretty tolerant people then. I have friends that come from a variety of backgrounds and that have a variety of beliefs. But I'm not going to lie, I could never be friends with someone so ignorant and self-centered. My friend could tell me any crazy belief that he/she had and I would be open to it as long as they made valid points and weren't just basing it on their own, selfish feelings.

My points are "valid" and I wouldnt call them tolerant per say, they don't put up with it, it doesnt come into question, so there goes your logic.

YeahWhatever wrote:

Based on your logic, I think we should go kill off all of the elderly, mentally retarded, and physically handicapped in our country! Whaddaya say? :D

I agree, kill off everyone aside from the physically handicapped ( who became handicapped in life ) and the elderly, the elderly have done their part for the world and put their own share of time and money into it.

YeahWhatever wrote:

Oh, yeah. Us teenagers. We're all child abusers. Every single one of us. God forbid that someone should have a kid and consider it their greatest blessing in life. They should go get the little sucker aborted before it gets old enough to smack around.

I never said teens specificly abuse children but they are included and to many parents do abuse children, why? because they believe abortion is wrong and they get stuck with it? perhaps.
      If you can't look after a child, get an abortion.

Also I'll add you have not given a single reason as to why my reasoning is wrong, so think about that, before you disagree on your own selfish emotions.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adramlech wrote:

My mother was in a good enough atmosphere and enviroment to raise a child, for her being a house wife it wasnt a case of needing help, she enjoys children AND could raise one, unlike many.

"Many" being everyone BUT your mom? *sigh*

Adramlech wrote:

My points are "valid" and I wouldnt call them tolerant per say, they don't put up with it, it doesnt come into question, so there goes your logic.

Actually, no. My argument still stands. Your arguments are based on untolerant and unrealistic "points" that no one besides you and maybe a handful of other people would agree with. I know plenty of people who have actually had abortions, and never have I heard one of them refer to a child as a "curse".

Adramlech wrote:

I agree, kill off everyone aside from the physically handicapped ( who became handicapped in life ) and the elderly, the elderly have done their part for the world and put their own share of time and money into it.

Just when I thought you couldn't be more ridiculous. Shall I call you Adolf from here on out?

Adramlech wrote:

I never said teens specificly abuse children but they are included and to many parents do abuse children, why? because they believe abortion is wrong and they get stuck with it? perhaps.
      If you can't look after a child, get an abortion.

If you can't look after a child? But I thought all teens were supposed to get abortions! :eek:

Why don't you figure out what you believe before you post again.

Adramlech wrote:

Also I'll add you have not given a single reason as to why my reasoning is wrong, so think about that, before you disagree on your own selfish emotions.

And there we have it. "Your own selfish emotions". Straight from my last post. I was wondering if you were some rebellious little kid getting on here and trying to sound intelligent, and I think you've just proved to me that I'm correct. Although...you mostly just proved that you're closed-minded and immature. The fact that you said that I haven't given you any reasons why you're wrong is proof that you're just typing responses to posts that you didn't even bother to read.

Ok, I walked in on an argument, lol, but whatever. :P

Responding to the OP, I am not exactly what you might call religious... well, not a deitic religion anyway... what would you call Zen Buddhism anyway?

But as Buddhism is a way of life that 'suggests' doing good things and making right choices to make your life better, instead of a universal power 'commanding' you to make your life better, I think my choice is really up to me. I don't view contraception as inherently wrong (except the condom, as it just feels weird), as it is just an invention that conveniences us, as was the wheel, as was television. Sure some claim that it 'gets in the way of natural order,' or something like that, but so does television, and I view neither as inherently wrong. So from a buddhist's point of view, by using contraception, I'm not causing any suffering in the world by not having a baby that I don't want.

Now abortion is a totally different story, but I won't start that shit up.
      Hey. My name is Jay.

YeahWhatever wrote:

"Many" being everyone BUT your mom? *sigh*

Do you even understand English? I said many, you obviously don't understand what many means or your just plain stupid.

YeahWhatever wrote:

Actually, no. My argument still stands. Your arguments are based on untolerant and unrealistic "points" that no one besides you and maybe a handful of other people would agree with. I know plenty of people who have actually had abortions, and never have I heard one of them refer to a child as a "curse".

Unrealistic? you obviously don't care to see some of the unrealistic things in the world, I could care less on how many people agree, it's MY opinion.
      Fine, replace "curse" with unwanted burden and waste of space.

YeahWhatever wrote:

Just when I thought you couldn't be more ridiculous. Shall I call you Adolf from here on out?

I agree with some of Hitlers views, by coincidence, you saying anyone who writes a book is a nazi too? because he had written one.

YeahWhatever wrote:

If you can't look after a child? But I thought all teens were supposed to get abortions! :eek:

Why don't you figure out what you believe before you post again.

Yes, all teens should, I', on about anyone and everyone, obviously your to thick-skulled to understand otherwise.
      I never said teens specificly abuse children but they are included and to many parents do abuse children

Believe it or not, parents are at any age, sadly.

YeahWhatever wrote:

And there we have it. "Your own selfish emotions". Straight from my last post. I was wondering if you were some rebellious little kid getting on here and trying to sound intelligent, and I think you've just proved to me that I'm correct. Although...you mostly just proved that you're closed-minded and immature. The fact that you said that I haven't given you any reasons why you're wrong is proof that you're just typing responses to posts that you didn't even bother to read.

Ohh, I must be so immature because I came up with a retort, yes, immature.
      While I have given reasons as to why these are good things, you have not prooved me otherwise, you've disagree'd but on bias alone.
      I'd name call back, but I'm not "immature" enough. :rolleyes:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JesusSaves04 wrote:

yes of course they are. and so is rape and terrorism. such wonderful things.

I know your personality by now...your constant sarcasm is annoying. How about explaining why you disagree with abortions, instead of simply making sarcastic remarks all the time. Killing a baby shouldn't bother you, since you're supposedly not a Christian anymore. The death of a human life shouldn't affect you. Just kill the mother and the fetus inside all at once. We kill two birds with one stone.

Adramlech wrote:

Do you even understand English? I said many, you obviously don't understand what many means or your just plain stupid.

Sweetie, it's called "sarcasm".

Adramlech wrote:

Unrealistic? you obviously don't care to see some of the unrealistic things in the world, I could care less on how many people agree, it's MY opinion.
      Fine, replace "curse" with unwanted burden and waste of space.

It's unrealistic because you're not thinking of how the belief that babies are "unwanted burdens" and a "waste of space" would affect our country if more people believed in it. If you're going to debate about real-life topics like abortion, gay marriage, etc. then you have to think of the consequences of what you believe. You can't just say, "Babies suck because I said so!"

Adramlech wrote:

I agree with some of Hitlers views, by coincidence, you saying anyone who writes a book is a nazi too? because he had written one.

That's like someone saying that they hate Bill Gates and me saying, "Does that mean you hate all computers, too?" It's totally unrelated to what we're discussing.

Adramlech wrote:

Yes, all teens should, I', on about anyone and everyone, obviously your to thick-skulled to understand otherwise.

I was just pointing out that you were contradicting yourself. So you can call me "thick-skulled" or whatever you like, but at least I've stuck with my argument.

Adramlech wrote:

Ohh, I must be so immature because I came up with a retort, yes, immature.
      While I have given reasons as to why these are good things, you have not prooved me otherwise, you've disagree'd but on bias alone.
      I'd name call back, but I'm not "immature" enough. :rolleyes:

If you consider taking words from my post to be "coming up with a retort", then more power to you.

However, it's painfully obvious that you're the one that's biased here. All you've basically said (over and over again) is that all teens should get abortions because babies are a curse. If that's not immature, then I don't know what is.

And I think you've done enough childish name-calling for the both of us. ;)

YeahWhatever wrote:

Sweetie, it's called "sarcasm".

That did not come across as sarcasm at all.

YeahWhatever wrote:

It's unrealistic because you're not thinking of how the belief that babies are "unwanted burdens" and a "waste of space" would affect our country if more people believed in it. If you're going to debate about real-life topics like abortion, gay marriage, etc. then you have to think of the consequences of what you believe. You can't just say, "Babies suck because I said so!"

No, the consequence would be no teenage pregnancies, the world is overpopulated as it is why do we need some kids having kids?
      I understand the consequences of having less children and overall I feel it would be better, gay marriage however would have no benefit but i won't go into that.

YeahWhatever wrote:

That's like someone saying that they hate Bill Gates and me saying, "Does that mean you hate all computers, too?" It's totally unrelated to what we're discussing.

For starters Bill gates makes computer operating systems, not computers.
      Secondly you insinuated I was Adolf, just because I have some of the same opinions.
      So not unrelated.

YeahWhatever wrote:

I was just pointing out that you were contradicting yourself. So you can call me "thick-skulled" or whatever you like, but at least I've stuck with my argument.

My argument has remained the same, it just seems I have to note every single detail because you can't see what I mean by such a wide target area of people who I am targetting.

YeahWhatever wrote:

However, it's painfully obvious that you're the one that's biased here. All you've basically said (over and over again) is that all teens should get abortions because babies are a curse. If that's not immature, then I don't know what is.

Of course I'm biased, and all you have said is "nononono" you obviously don't understand the extent of immature, nothing I have said is immature, it's all opinionated.

Do you think you're not biased?
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sn4ke wrote:

I know your personality by now...your constant sarcasm is annoying. How about explaining why you disagree with abortions, instead of simply making sarcastic remarks all the time. Killing a baby shouldn't bother you, since you're supposedly not a Christian anymore. The death of a human life shouldn't affect you. Just kill the mother and the fetus inside all at once. We kill two birds with one stone.

so you're saying that non-christians shouldn't care about murder?

abortion is murder. there's no other way to put it.
      THERE IS NO GOD. PUT YOUR TRUST IN SCIENCE.

JesusSaves04 wrote:

so you're saying that non-christians shouldn't care about murder?

abortion is murder. there's no other way to put it.

Not all cases of murder are bad and abortion is NOT murder because it takes 24 weeks for a baby ( 22 is debatable ) to actually form or feel.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Adramlech wrote:

That did not come across as sarcasm at all.

I apologize if it was over your head.

Adramlech wrote:

No, the consequence would be no teenage pregnancies, the world is overpopulated as it is why do we need some kids having kids?
      I understand the consequences of having less children and overall I feel it would be better, gay marriage however would have no benefit but i won't go into that.

Of course the earth is overpopulated. But people have to start taking responsibility when they don't use contraception. I mean, just to give you an example, there are girls at my school that don't use ANY contraception AT ALL because it "feels better". I mean, I know birth control, condoms, etc. aren't 100% effective. There are accidents. But they're few and far between, and the majority of the time, it's just people being stupid, or people trying to trap their partner with a pregnancy. Even if you don't agree, do you at least see why I think abortion isn't fair?

Adramlech wrote:

For starters Bill gates makes computer operating systems, not computers.
      Secondly you insinuated I was Adolf, just because I have some of the same opinions.
      So not unrelated.

Your comment about books was unrelated. It had nothing to do with what we were discussing. In fact, I really don't know what you were trying to prove with it...

Adramlech wrote:

My argument has remained the same, it just seems I have to note every single detail because you can't see what I mean by such a wide target area of people who I am targetting.

You're starting to not make sense anymore. What does "noting every single detail" and the number of people that you're targetting have to do with you changing your argument? Please elaborate.

Adramlech wrote:

Of course I'm biased, and all you have said is "nononono" you obviously don't understand the extent of immature, nothing I have said is immature, it's all opinionated.

Do you think you're not biased?[/quote]

Again - repeating everything that I say about you...how original.

And yes, I know for a fact that I'm biased. But I don't let them get in the way of my arguments. I try to look at things from every point of view, including yours. Yours just doesn't seem realistic to me is all. But if your mom has had an abortion (I'm pretty sure you said that earlier) then I understand where your bias comes from.