mad/sad friend

• mad/sad friend

One of my friends is really sensitive. A few times my friend has been getting mad at me and i cause her to be sad sometimes too.
      Usually i don't know why since she's so sensitive. I try to ask her but she runs away or avoids me and if we sit really close to each other in the classroom she doesn't talk to me.

Today, she got mad at me (or sad i'm not sure) or at least it really seemed like it and she walked away from me as soon as she could.

I tested if she was mad at me after Orchestra. Everyone was watching something in the gym and she was there too. i looked for a while then left. After that she speed walked all the way to the next class that we were in.

Near the end of the day she said she was mad because a kid stole her sharpener that she bought for the second time.

I believed her as soon as she said that but a while later i realized that she was avoiding me most of the time in school. i asked her why she did that after and she just said she couldn't tell me at the time.

i don't want to be the one making her sad or mad most of the time. I always try to be more careful around her but she still ends up being sad/mad. I feel like a bad friend. What should I do?